Weird Problem w/ WC4

K

Kit

Hey.

I have WC4, with the update, tried running both in 95 and in 2000 compmode. In both, the same error occurs:

- If there are *.WSG files in the folder, the game begins to run steadily throughout the whole conversation with Maniac and Seether.

As soon as a WSG file is created by the engine, the game crashes back to the desktop citing "APPLICATION FILES COULD NOT BE FOUND ON LOCAL DRIVE OR ANY CDROM DRIVE... The game cd is either missing, invalid, or may need cleaning".

Thing is, all 6 cd's are in great condition. Installer ran perfect, and I even attempted to install the tre files from the installer disk.

I'm at a loss.

Right Click on My computer icon on your desktop
Click Manage
Find the Icon that says users and groups
click on the "+"
Click on the users group
Find your user name in the right hand window
Double-click your account name
Go to the members tab
You should see the administators group here
If not add the group and try your install again.

Dran said:
Right Click on My computer icon on your desktop
Click Manage
Find the Icon that says users and groups
click on the "+"
Click on the users group
Find your user name in the right hand window
Double-click your account name
Go to the members tab
You should see the administators group here
If not add the group and try your install again.

Wierd. I don't have a Users and Groups icon. :-\

try: Start-->Settings-->control panels
Admin Tools
Computer management
you should see user groups here.

The administration thing sounds a little like a wild goose chase. The game is playable in DOSBox if there's some sort of conflict trying to run it with the Windows patch. I'm not quite following the sequence of events. The WSG files have to do with save games. Does the problem have anything to do with watching movies or is it just when you go to save the game?

The 'Administration Thing' is only available in XP Professional (though it is available in safe mode in XP Home), though I agree that it sounds like a dead end. I take it we're discussing the cd version and not the dvd version.. (6 cds reference). As far as the whole WSG thing... maybe its looking far too much into the issue. But if you have the horsepower, I would try DOSBox. Anyway, I don't have any idea as to the cause of the problem. I just wanted to clarify the lack of acct administration in XP Home Edition

Back