Weird board behavior

akashra

Spaceman
Wierd board behavior

Wasn't sure which forum to put this in :p

Hmmm, the board seems to be telling me each time I refresh the index page that there are new posts in threads (with the icon
newfolder.gif
)... yet clearly there aren't new posts...

Kris, any idea why this might be happening? Odd behavior :(

Just refreshing the board doesn't mark everything read. That happens after a certain period of time, when the cookie times out.

hm, perhaps a misunderstanding.

What I meant was,
if I view the page, it might have say, items 3, 6 and 12 with a 'new posts' icon. But with no new posts since, I can hit refresh, and it will then have say, 1, 5 and 7.

It appears to just pick random threads to give the icon to :/

I haven't had threads go unread for a while now, maybe that's fixed.

I'm not sure what to do about the Forum Index indicating there are new posts.. I suspect there's still a cookie issue somewhere that needs to be worked out. But have you tried the 'mark all forums read' link on the index? That works for me.

!@#!%#!$!$!@$@!!!!

I found something about the board that really isnt good. If I type a message before the wait time is over (i think it said 90 SECONDS!!!) it wont let me post, which is nothing new, but when i hit back to go back to try again, I have to retype my entire post!

Yeh, I've been caught with that too a few times now. Sucks :(((
For that reason I find myself copy/pasting myself a lot now :/

That's right Supdon...
Sometimes, I loose great messages, and insofar as it's pretty difficult to write in english for me, I do not retry. Unfortunately, with this problem, the Board can't have the opinion of THE NoRemorse...

Originally posted by Supdon3
!@#!%#!$!$!@$@!!!!

I found something about the board that really isnt good. If I type a message before the wait time is over (i think it said 90 SECONDS!!!) it wont let me post, which is nothing new, but when i hit back to go back to try again, I have to retype my entire post!
Mmmhhh... did it do it before? IMHO, it depends on your Internet Browser settings e.g. if it "refreshes" the page your are going "back" to...

My computer at home does that, so I often copy/paste to avoid unpleasant surprises, but my work and uni computers don't... just a matter of "Internet Options" to solve the problem, IMO... :)

We had 90 seconds delay a while back, and I didn't enjoy it, especially with speed reading/posting, there'd be times where I'd get the "no post" screen. I still get it with the 50 seconds before. Isn't it possible for people to edit their posts if they find themselves double/triple posting?

Okay, that's wierd, I'll have to look at my settings when I get home (am at Uni atm)... clicking Back from here though keeps the message, so I can repost without having to retype everything...
Posting from home on the ohter hand it blanks the post.

If anyone figures out what option in IE allows this, can they please let us know :)

Well before the changes, I could go back and my message was still there, now it doesn't work. I didn't change my browser (it worked both for IE and Netscape before), so I think it is something caused by the changes (I don't know how, of course).

But copy/paste is always sensible, though I always forget it when it counts. Murphy would be delighted... ;)

Just thought it's interesting to note that posting averages are up with the post totals in the profiles now.

[Hey, just wondering... what happened to the search function on this board?]

Back