weapon stats

We used the same stats as in the original games (WC2/WC1), adjusted by some global scaling factors used in Standoff (ie, all damage, armor and shields are multiplied by 20, because a ship with "80" armor is fine in WC1, but in WCP it would instantly die from any collision even at 10 kps).

Note that these stats don't always match the source material for those games... we used the actual stats from the game files, not from the manuals.

Yeah, internal representation of various damage and armour strengths are bound to vary between generations of games. Tee hee, death from collision at 10 kps... o.o

Is there a source with these stats outside the game files themselves, or do I have to dig into the program itself to view them?

I am equally interested to know the in-game stats of the WC1/2 guns but somehow I am unable to find weapon statistics on the Standoff website...help?

Oh for the guns....uh you will need wcpedit for that.

Edit: here are a few

Note: damage will be 20x that listed for WC1/2 and 2x what would be listed on the website

One thing I note, though, is that a number of these gun entries have the same gun name, some with different stats, so I really can't tell which of the entries are for fighter guns and which are for turrets without some heavy cross-checking with the fighters themselves.

Neutron Gun
1400.0 //speed
2000.0 //range
0.0 //charge time
28.0 //energy
80.0 //damage
0.35 //refire delay

1600.0 //speed
3000.0 //range
0.0 //charge time
14.0 //energy
80.0 //damage in-game, 40 for website, originally 4.0
0.25 //refire delay

Mass driver
1200.0 //speed
2500.0 //range
0.0 //charge time
18.0 //energy
60.0 //damage
0.3 //refire delay

Lasers
1600.0 //speed
3000.0 //range
0.0 //charge time
14.0 //energy
50.0 //damage
0.25 //refire delay

Particle Cannons
2200.0 //speed
3000.0 //range
0.0 //charge time
18.0 //energy
106.0 //damage
0.5 //refire delay

Plasma guns
1800.0 //speed
12000.0 //range
0.0 //charge time
30.0 //energy
100.0 //damage
1.0 //refire delay

There are a some others in here for things like the turrets and toilet paper (which is probably the various damages that flak does).

Cool, thank you very much. Very interesting, I always imagined the damage difference between a Laser and a Mass Driver to be greater.

Is it possible to edit the ship's loadouts? For example, I'd like to reconfigure the Hornet with lasers instead of neutron guns, and replace the particle cannons on the Rapier with neutron guns.

Back