Weapon Speeds of Standoff

Icefire69

Spaceman
I tried to find out the weapon speed of the projectile via WCPedit, but i'm to stupid to install it right, always have SO ships and data.

Take a guess where i searched first ^^
What is Missing is the travel speed of the Projectile, i'm interessted in the difference between ships speed and projectiles and looking how you can manvour around, fuel efficiently.

Hello, it's me again, they guy with all those questions :)

Since the Discussion on the main CIC Forum about Sabre, Epees, Ferrets ,Mass Driver and Particle guns something comes to my mind.

On the Blueprint from Wing Commander one, the Gun data says somehing of relative speed. And in the game engine from WC1 and 2 i want to know, of the speed of the ship is added to the weapon speed? And how is it done in Stand Off? It "feels" *subjective* that's it's not added.

Question over question again :)

Thank you,
Icefire

hhm.. logically, at the point of launch, the speed of the projectile is equal to the bodies that launches it. the missile would the use it's own thrust to get to the speed
it can reach, am i right?

say, what if you drop a mine? you push it out from your rear. is it completely dead in space or does it float behind you for a few seconds?

The ship speed is added. Try a simple experiment - get into an Arrow, and start firing lasers. After a second or two, hit the afterburners. Notice that you'll soon outrun the bursts you fired before you hit the burners... but the bullets fired while on full burners will still be faster than you, even though a laser has a speed of 1600kps (compared to the Arrow's 2000kps).

Ok, you are right. Another question, why is the laser speed 1600? Compared to the 2,000 from Eder chart?
Is there a way to get the Shipeditor working with standoff? Then i could take a look on my self ^^

Not sure which chart you're referring to when you say "Eder's chart"... but the stats we have in the game come straight from WC2, so if you've seen different stats elsewhere, they were probably from one of the manuals, or some other source.

Back