WCZone relaunch

would you visit WCZone regularly if it was relaunched?

• yes, I'd come in regularly

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • no, that's not really my cup of tea

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Filler

General Graphics Guy
Hey.
Some of you might remember WCZone, the wing commander subspace mod. Chris recently posted about it here.
Subspace is freeware and requires very few resources to run. For those who don't know, Subspace is a top-down 2D massively multiplayer space combat game.

The only catch is with these sort of games is that you need a stable population for it to be fun for anyone. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in coming in at least on Friday nights or the weekend for regular duels with other CZers and other subspace players.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don´t know how to play it or what is that game.
But if someone explains me, it will be interesting to play

Obviously I would, as I think I played up until nobody else came to the server anymore.

Sounds good. We have the perfect map to play on.

krismap.jpg

Last edited:
I think an important thing would be to have set scheduled times. Otherwise we'll all be randomly joining the game and ending up disappointed that nobody is there. I think that was one of the downfalls of the original WC Zone. If we can schedule games, it could be great.

Yeah, Continuum is fun, although after WCZone stopped i played on the native Continuum Servers. WC-Style Continuum Play would surely be VERY cool =)

Hopefully the modded ships and sounds and GFX are in again??

The whole reason I got into Subspace was because I heard of the mod. Then I found it didn't exist anymore :mad: ... the rest is cool tho ...

Scheduled games are a must ...

Filler said:
Yeah, I think Friday and Saturday nights would be good.

Variable times might be a good option because some people have set work schedules and different time zones.. So Friday night one week, Saturday afternoon the next week, Sunday morning the next week and so on.

www.subspace.net has continuum... and there used to be connection instructions and things up, but I don't remember where they are... Just read what I said to those people in #wingnut

Back