WCX Project

TyeDyeBoy

Spaceman
I wasn't intending for my X-Plane conversions to count as a project, but I figure if it is, I can get a better sense of just what the other project people get to go through. So I've decided to declare mine a project and have labelled it the WCX project. So far I'm well into the fan project mentality, having accomplished jack squat and hyping it up to more than it is, while blaming my lack of progress so far on not having any support. :D

First thing to do: the Hellcat model.

Completion: .02%

I've found a few basic stats in the ships database, not enough to get any solid things going. I've also begun to mold the fuselage in the editor. It's a little tricky in that there aren't any solid blueprints anywhere. The best I could hope for would be to get the look right, the length right, and hope the rest is flyable. Having the WC1 blueprints as I do, I'm tempted to switch to a Hornet, but even that has very limited information.

Right now I need a top, bottom, and side view of a Hellcat. That will help me out a lot, so I'll have to take the time later to fire up WC3 or 4 and take some snapshots. If anyone has those handy already, I'd appreciate it if you could send copies to me.

Annnnnd. That's all. Thanks.

Oh no, I'm actually working on something. It's not a shot at anyone in particular, simply meant as an observation about most fan projects. I have to say that the failure rate is quite understandable, it's tough to put together a decent project like some of you attempt.

TDB, the problem with this community is that people only care about their own projects, and put everyone elses down - and are no willing to give others a chance, even when they're clearly going to be better in many aspects. Noone likes admitting they've comitted to using the wrong engine or base for doing anything. Perfect example, what Pedro said in another thread recently blindly claiming that VS is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Originally posted by akashra
TDB, the problem with this community is that people only care about their own projects, and put everyone elses down - and are no willing to give others a chance, even when they're clearly going to be better in many aspects. Noone likes admitting they've comitted to using the wrong engine or base for doing anything. Perfect example, what Pedro said in another thread recently blindly claiming that VS is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Thats not truth, wc members from different projects are always very helpful with other projects as far as i know.
And who can say that "VS isnt the greatest thing since sliced bread" anyway? ;)
VS is still in development, and as far as i know, its the only hope (until now) too see a new engine done for a wc game, and not a mod. Note that i have nothing against mods and doesnt want to put anyone down.
Im just sayng that VS is great, and im sure thats something like that what Pedro meant by this.
....right?

Yeh, but Pedro picks one thing he wants to work with - and immediately after, everything else is inferior, according to him - at least from what we've seen him say in the past, on websites, interviews, and here.
When he doesn't even take the time to properly LOOK at other projects before speaking. I'm not just singling him out here though, he's not the only one who does it.

Thats not fair I check the progress of each project on a regular basis and it simply isn't on to make attacks at me just because you disagree with my point of view, there is every reason to be impressed with the potential of Vega Strike, theres enough news available to me on the page and talking to Tiger Shark for me to know "this is how I'm going to be able to replay a perfect coversion of wing commander <insert number here>".

As for it not being a close community thats a joke, we have worked with people from Invasion, Standoff, Babylon 5 TC and Vega Strike, I'd call that a very close community :) Its a nice place to be.

I see it as perfectly fair. Do you brand it 'fair' the way you and others treat certain projects, branding your own as being so great when perhaps they're not as great as you want everyone to believe. What is there to say that other projects don't have equal or more potential.

I certainly don't call it a close community at all, especially when a number of people deliberately ignore and put down others' work.
That, and when 'news' sites do the same by ignoring important items, only posting news on items developed by the people they know themselves.

As for working together. Oh, yeh, Darkmage is a GREAT example of how that's complete BS. Anyone mentions that they have an idea for something they want to do, and within the next 12 hours he's going on about how he's going to do exactly the same thing, claiming it to be his own idea, saying how the way he will implement it is going to be so much better.

Its absurd someone saying how all projects have equal potential and then going on to criticise atleast two.

I am allowed to have an opinion despite what you may belive, it seems you believe you are the supreme knowlege in the universe. I said that I have more confidence in VS because its doing exactly what I would do if I had the talent to pull it off.
Its like someone made a WC FPS, I'm not a huge FPS fan so I wouldn't be too enthusiastic but I'd still respect it if it were good (I have an awful lot of respect for standoff by the way, those models look fantastic)

Now take a chill pill, play some old WC games. No more stressing please :)

I don't give a toss about the projects, nor have I said anything about them. What I am sick to death of is you and Darkmage with your stupid selfish attitudes.

We're all working to a common goal, to keep Wing Commander alive, we're not working against eachother, please try to understand that.
I would have no problem helping out a project which didn't intrest me personally if it helped WC :)

Ghost, we wish. The way people go about things certainly doesn't make it appear that way though.

Might be a different story if the replies myself, and a few others got back weren't "we don't give a shit about x, y has been known about for far longer" - hence they refuse to tell anyone else, put anything on any news sites to try to help us gain support, or have people know that the project is being worked on.

Now who are you insulting? Unknown Enemy isn't a news site, and WCmods is well a little bit slow atm, I tend to pass news onto wildcat since I lost my password :)

Hey, take easy akashra :mad:

Nothing you say is true, like i already sayd, members from wc projects are always nice and helpfull with another projects.
Thats not forbidden to prefer this project over that (its called opnion). Pedro says he likes VS...so what? I like it too, and never was sayd that another project is not good.
Like Pedro sayd in another thread:
"Great work Killerwave, I'm not even a Babylon 5 fan (infact I HATE it) but well... that TC looks amazing"
see? its not UE and he doesnt say its crap, in fact he says it looks good (thx btw)
Because one project gets more news in a site is that some has more progress to show than another, nothing more, nothing less.
The only one that appears to be creating problem and tryng to put others down is YOU. :mad:

Akashra, is it your sole purpose in life to piss off the editing community? I've been seeing too many of your stupid posts. It seems you bring nothing but negative comments to the forum and if I were and admin you would now have the title of "Swabbie"

In short, shut up Akashra.

Oh, additional comment, how can you say the community isn't close? As Pedro pointed out he's worked with several other projects, as have I. I'm even a member of two WC projects. I give out help and information to far more than that, and others do the same for me. I find it odd that you comment on a community you are not a part of.

People, stop being stupid and value the community we have here. You may or may not think it sucks but believe me, this is heaven compared to some other communities around. Nobody's opinion on anything or anyone makes a god damn difference most of the time anyway, so I think everyone better shut up and keep your complaints to yourself.

--Eder

Eder, as soon as Pedro and Darkmage stop putting things which they're not part of down, I'll stop.

WildCat, oh, right, so what constitutes being part of a community. The fact that I've been working on a game engine the past two months doesn't seem to count?

And big deal. So you've worked on two projects. I'm working on three, I still don't call that close. Close is actually workthing together and not putting others work down when they attempt to do something better or that might take attention away from your own work, and not deliberately failing to post news about stuff.

This is part the reason I never started months before I did, because any time anyone actually moves to do anything, word of it will deliberately be halted so the project, if the people behind the news sites don't like it, so it will never get anywhere.

If you want me to shut up about it, perhaps you should do the same before making clueless comments and being a hypocrite.

It's not the community I have a problem with. It's just a small handful of people who are part of it.

KillerWave, if you want to know the full story behind where I'm coming from, email me. The only thing that will happen if I state it here is people will both bitch, and deny it.

Originally posted by Pedro
Thats not fair I check the progress of each project on a regular basis and it simply isn't on to make attacks at me just because you disagree with my point of view, there is every reason to be impressed with the potential of Vega Strike, theres enough news available to me on the page and talking to Tiger Shark for me to know "this is how I'm going to be able to replay a perfect coversion of wing commander <insert number here>".

As for it not being a close community thats a joke, we have worked with people from Invasion, Standoff, Babylon 5 TC and Vega Strike, I'd call that a very close community :) Its a nice place to be.

I've never felt any negative vibes from anyone.
Vega Strike and I even exchanged source code.
Can't we all just get along? Negativity on anyone's part should be tabled. Everyone has something valuable and positive to contribute, so let's work on that instead.

No akashra, i dont fell like e-mailing you, because as far as i see, you're the only one complaining at the others.
Being a part of the editing community, is not working on projects, like you say you do, showing work done, helping the others with editing and encouraging, now thats one thing wildcat always did, and was always very helpfull. He is far from being a hypocrite...you in the other hand says "dont put other people down", and you say to him "And big deal. So you've worked on two projects. I'm working on three"...:mad:
If you want to say something, say it here.
Until now i've only seem you bitiching about people that i respect and aways been nice to anyone.
If you want to show that people over here should help each other, start doing so instead insulting the others.:mad:

Back