WCVIEW will not work with WC 1

Exterminator17

Spaceman
I can not get WCVIEW to recogonize WC.EXE as a file in the same directory with it. no matter whether its in a cmd window, dosbox window, or a batchfile window.

I followed the instructions, so I thought, is there something I am missing?

Thank you!

I have just figured out that WCView is only for KS wingcommander files...I took a copy of KS versions and it found those, couldnt edit them, but it found them.

So, the new title will be, does anyone remember how to edit the dos version of WC1 fighters so you can change shields, armor and guns/mounts?

It will work with the original games. You need to follow the instructions on screen and load a specific file (the .V(XX) labeled files). Then you will be able to view the ship/images contained within. WCVIEW doesn't allow you to alter fighter stats...if I'm remembering correctly. It only allows you to view the sprites.

The sad part here is that it was billed as a ship EDITOR and not just a sprite viewer. So I was so excited to get it and start to edit my WC1 and 2 ships...and as you know, that isnt possible.

doesnt matter now. I have since, after much popcorn thrown at my back and head by my daughter and son, much death and destruction, and many many sorties in my custom WC cockpit that I finally had the money to build (only took 20 years and 4 different plans, 2 different mazda929 driver seats and a "borrowed" aircraft panel, I have won honestly WC1 and SM1 and 2 series. My kids are now getting ready to watch me play WC2. What is funny in all of this is I have patched my speakers into a pilots helmet. I bought this helmet years ago for WC3 with the intent to put some cyber glasses on the visor and patch the sblive sound through the helmet speakers and the boom mic would be used to record my cursin while playing. I wish I had a picture of the setup. I have already been so rowdy that I have tipped over while trying to out jink a dralthi.

Back