WCU forum logo

Cyberion

Master of Orion
well here is the logo image, which I made for WCU forum. So you are free to use it, just copy and paste ;)

used default forum image size/ 300x75 pixels, so you should have not troubles.

image52ug.jpg

Cyb

Not bad my friend although the greenish tint is a little off to me. I prefer a bluish look. Green isn't typically prevalent in Wing Commander logos. (just as a casual note).

yape, but it's already in PR, so i had to use different color in order to avoid the similarity. Stoped at Green, cause it was one of two favorite WC colors (Blue and green). Just recall the wc1 and wc2 color schemes ;) Also the events of WCU are taking place during those timelines (or somewhat near it) So i stopped at green. ;)

Nice work so far, Cyberion!

I've always liked the WC3 font ("Stop") as you have used for the "Wing Commander" portion, whereas I think you have used the "Loxx" font for the "UniversE" portion.

If you have the time, could you perhaps try creating a similar version for comparison, but where only the "Stop" font is used throughout, i.e. in a similar vein to the quick mockup I made below:

wculogotest6qo.png

Cheers,

BrynS

Thanks Cyberion!

They're both pretty cool, although either one could be used. I just wanted to see what it would look like with the "WC3" font.

Oh, BTW nice avatar :D When did you get it and where is it from?

Cheers,

BrynS

well the avatar is a custom made. well not drawn of course, but cropped from the image and applied about 5-7 graphical effects to it to make it look like it looks right now.

I like the most this look of the crumple, old paper ;)

P.S. that's my personal avatar, that i'm using on every forum ;) It's like my face :D

The way VBulletin does stuff is kinda crappy.. you can't put a new forum logo in without forcing the forum to one particular color. So I made it blue. I know it's not quite the same blue, but it was either that, teal, or red.

If it isn't good let me know and I'll take it off.

Very nice looking Logo, just one quick comment tho, it looks like you need a few more white pixels on the 'G' in 'Wing'.

Right now it rather looks like "Wine Commander", which is an entirely different game.

"Short Fuse! High demand for Pino Noir in the New Bordeaux system necessitates hiring a privateer. Successful delivery nets you 13287 credits."

Back