WC's best fighter and bomber of all time

I've managed to do WC1 and SM1 and 2 without dying I believe... just gotta learn when to withdraw or eject and complete enough missions so you still win in the end.

Incidentally, when you're going for a "No Dying" campaign, the fun part is when your ejection system gets blown out. Now that's nerve wracking.

Impressive. If i understood correctly, you are saying that you didn't die once?

Glad to see that most of people like my favorite ship(crossbow) :)

Impressive. If i understood correctly, you are saying that you didn't die once?

Glad to see that most of people like my favorite ship(crossbow) :)

Yea but it's not THAT impressive. In WC1 you can eject and not worry about being taken prisoner or instantly failing a mission. The only thing I had to do was complete the really important missions to stay on the winning branch or get back on it if I got sidetracked. SM1 and SM2 weren't that hard though... SM2 was hard only if you actually tried to fight the Kilrathi fleet in a Hornet, which Halycon specifically tells you not to do.

Also, I usually skip unimportant nav points and rarely stick around to fight when I don't need to (i.e. like when you run into four Krants on the way home after completing the mission). At least when I'm going for pure survivability which I don't do often... but it can be done fairly easily is all I'm trying to say.

Now if you do WC2 without dying once, kudos.

Successfully finishing a mission with no guns could be very intense. I remember it was a bit frightening to be flying in circles trying to dodge an enemy and hoping your wingman could take him out before he got you.

I always seemed to lose one of the Hornet's pea-shooters ~~~

I loved how, on the SNES version, it made the one remaining Laser shoot REALLY fast! I was actually, in some ways, more deadly with a 1-gun Hornet than a 2-gun hornet! ~~~

Yea but it's not THAT impressive. In WC1 you can eject and not worry about being taken prisoner or instantly failing a mission.

Doesn't Dakhath shoot you down if you eject near him?

That's my favourite mission in Wing Commander I. Two Raptors vs. nine Dralthis. And you even have a decent wingman for it. Perfect scenario. :D

I've ejected around Daktath before and I've never been killed by him. I think that's just a plot thing. And yes, I remembe the deadly one weaponed Hornet in the SNES version. I was -deadly- with that thing, I used to actually be happy when I lost one of my guns.

Oh right. It says that in Claw Marks, but I never managed to test the theory, because I can never resist killing the Dralthis. :)
Yeah, it's hard to remember about ejecting when you're busy trying to measure off 1.7 missiles to see if that's really all it takes to down a Dralthi :D.

Christ you even remember the actual number! :D
The only reason i know is because i'm playing ti right now, not that i would remember such trivia:rolleyes:

By all means, replay WC1, but you could get that bit of dialoge from Wedge's.

Angel was very precise, she spat on Thrakath's face 1.4 times.

I've ejected around Daktath before and I've never been killed by him. I think that's just a plot thing. And yes, I remembe the deadly one weaponed Hornet in the SNES version. I was -deadly- with that thing, I used to actually be happy when I lost one of my guns.

Refire delay? what's that?
:D

I always seemed to lose one of the Hornet's pea-shooters ~~~

I loved how, on the SNES version, it made the one remaining Laser shoot REALLY fast! I was actually, in some ways, more deadly with a 1-gun Hornet than a 2-gun hornet! ~~~

Did that ever happened on the PC version?

Back