Graphical navigation added for...

Confed capships
Confed support ships
Confed fighters
Confed bases

Kilrathi capships
Kilrathi support ships
Kilrathi bases

The base articles are in especially bad need of updating. They're in a variety of formats from experiments over the years. Their format should follow the layout of the Ships articles. There are a quite a few that still need to be added.

It's fairly easy to setup the VDU tables for the remaining categories. Check out the code on the above pages and see if you'd like to help out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting my work on WCRPG's Nav Data section today, so I'm looking through the information in the Stellar Cartography section. Quick question: the Universe Maps on CIC's main page - where did those come from? I've noticed a couple of systems listed on those maps that don't appear on the Prophecy universe map, and so far I've only had time to look at the Avalon and Hawking Sectors. Curious if there was some reason for those systems to be there or if they were just creative license. In particular, I'm curious about the Petunia system in the Hubble Quadrant of the Hawking Sector: is there some basis for it being there or not? It's the only system I've noted so far that's unique to the CIC maps that's also in the list of systems up at WCPedia.

Noted one system missing from WCPedia's list in Shelus/Avalon; added it.

I will be kicking my efforts up on the Gemini Sector soon. Clarke Quadrant's almost done and IIRC there's only about twenty systems left total at this point.

Did notice that whoever named the systems in the Shelus Quadrant of Argent Sector must've been running out of names; those systems couldn't have been named after anybody important... :p

I guess a better question to ask is "which map do I go off of for entries in WCPedia, CIC's map or the Prophecy map?" I did note two systems in Argent and Hawking Sectors that were on the CIC map but weren't on WCPedia's list; do they need to be added?

Sorry, meant to get to this last night. Go with the Prophecy WCU map, plus the knowledge that those extra star systems are out there /somewhere/. (But we don't now where specifically.)

Okay...checking my notes, that means the two systems I noted can be explictly ignored, while one system in Hubble Quadrant and four in Challenger Quadrant will go away from WCPedia's lists (specifically the two systems to be ignored are Centauri in Hughes Quadrant and Yorin in Gegarin Quadrant, and the five that are going away are Petunia, Sheol, Baroda, Panama, and Elena). Just making notes here; will affect the changes momentarily...

How about the Vukar Tag, M'Shrak and Kilrah Sectors? A lot of those are just left unnamed on the Prophecy map; some of those are simply numbered on the CIC maps but a few have been assigned names.

Problem: Tr'k H'hra Quadrant, Trk' Pahn Sector - there are four systems there that aren't on the Prophecy map. Two of them are Grovsner and Etruria. The other two I can (and will shortly) get delete, but those two are kinda important. Should I ditch them anyway?

EDIT: Problem gets worse as we get into some of the more well-known sectors...

I just finished taking a look at Enigma. Tablot, Fiddler's Green, Niffleheim, Midian and Facin are all present on the CIC maps and absent on the Prophecy map; can't just get rid of them because they are all canonical...

I think the rule of thumb I'll follow is that if it's not on the Prophecy map, and the system is redlinked, I'll remove the reference. If, however, it has its own article pointed to it or if I know for a fact it actually is supposed to exist (like the Facin system), I'll leave it alone. Maybe point it out so we can argue about it or something.

Need to ask about three systems in the Deneb Quadrant - Leyton, Logo and Tangier. Leyton and Logo have pages at WCPedia but there's not a lot of content on them - Leyton is a "territory of the Border Worlds" and Logo "has at least six planets". Tangier is redlinked; I've got it up for questioning because Logo links strictly to Tangier.

What's the verdict here, are they in or out? Are they in any canonical source?

Pretty much done removing links at this point. We may have to do some work on the individual system pages to make sure there aren't still references to any of the affected systems.

Continued work on adding the Privateer Playtester's Guide information today. Clarke Quadrant's finished at this point - I've got sixteen systems left to complete, seven in Potter and nine in Fariss. I'd could probably wrap it up fairly quickly if I can find enough time to work on them.

Fariss is done. I went ahead and replaced the image of the Valhalla system with one from Righteous Fire so that the Eden jump point shows up. I've got six systems left in Potter Quadrant and then all the data from the Playtester's guide will be in.

Done and done: all of the encounter data from the Privateer Playtester's Guide is now up at WCPedia. I think if I do anything more with the Guide at this point, it might be to add the entries for specific base types. There may be a couple of more pearls of knowledge in there worth putting up as well.

Fantastic! Great work!

We'll probably have a WCPedia IRC meeting soon to go over some other stuff as well. Need to talk to the others about it.

I've started going through the game landing pages adding some of the missing data. Box descriptions, credits, weapons (basic list for now, we might want to make it graphical later), mission trees and so on. WC1-SM2 should be pretty far along. I think the only stuff needed is development history and some other small things.

Going to keep on at it after class tonight. Need to make sure we are sitting pretty for whatever next month holds for us!

When you proceed to mission trees for WC2 and SO1&2 let me know. I have more that will help you.

Drop NinjaLA a line then. He should be starting to work on them soon. I'm aiming to get WC2-SO2 intro, descripts, credits, etc in today and tonight.

Graphical navigation added for...

Confed capships
Confed support ships
Confed fighters
Confed bases

Kilrathi capships
Kilrathi support ships
Kilrathi bases

The base articles are in especially bad need of updating. They're in a variety of formats from experiments over the years. Their format should follow the layout of the Ships articles. There are a quite a few that still need to be added.

It's fairly easy to setup the VDU tables for the remaining categories. Check out the code on the above pages and see if you'd like to help out!

Would it be worth adding the WC3 Frigate target graphic? I know the ship doesn't actually feature in any missions but a working model can be found in the game data, I think I have the vdu graphic for it somewhere.

Totally missed my timeline for WC2 stuff. But I do have a fancy new old workstation!

I'm not sure we should put it in with WC3. Instead, I'd have a mention and maybe a stat column on the Caernaven page explaining that it is in the WC3 data, but not the actual game.

Hey, so I was going to work on making the Wing Commander 1 TOC not push all the content so far down. I tried to use some of the MediaWiki markup that's supposed to reduce the depth of headings listed in the TOC, but it looks like we're missing the relevant templates. I can try adding them, but since this would be my first edit, I wanted to check in and make sure this was OK first. (I've done a fair amount of MediaWiki stuff before, but it's been awhile.)

Hey, so I was going to work on making the Wing Commander 1 TOC not push all the content so far down. I tried to use some of the MediaWiki markup that's supposed to reduce the depth of headings listed in the TOC, but it looks like we're missing the relevant templates. I can try adding them, but since this would be my first edit, I wanted to check in and make sure this was OK first. (I've done a fair amount of MediaWiki stuff before, but it's been awhile.)

Some templates are there already... I know I've used some of the TOC edits to hide (and move) them on the movie page... Just keep in mind that this isn't necessarily desirable to do on most pages

Code:
__NOTOC__  <!--This removes the table of contents -->
__NOEDITSECTION__  <!--This removes the section edit links -->

As far as I know that code can just go anywhere on the page but it's probably best to put it at the very end near your categories.

If you want to move the TOC you can put the following wherever you want it to appear (you can change "in lign" to other placement options like right or left and experiment with what it does):

Code:
{| align="in lign"
  | __TOC__
  |}

For an example, I've used that bit on this page here to push the TOC just below the introductory paragraph since it kind of makes sense to put it there.

NOTOC complete hides it from view. I actually looked into this a few weeks ago. I wasn't able to find something that would, by default, collapse the TOC on a specific page.

It's probably time we look to updating the MediaWiki version again anyways. I think it might have something like this in it. I know the new version breaks the current hide/show extension we have installed.

Back