WCPedia: The 2011-2012 Thread

Alright...looks like I'll have to make charts of the Eden system and the Delta Series systems. An image of the Rygannon system with the jump to Delta may also be in order. Meantime, I've created pages for the three Kilrathi border systems in the Clarke Quadrant.

I've played through Righteous Fire and I know that BP Tango and Eden are two systems with multiple nav maps (a "standard map" and a nav map for specific missions). I don't see a way to get those other mission maps other than playing through Righteous Fire again. Are those images we want to add to the system page entries? If so, I'm willing to fire up the game one more time.

EDIT: Came across a reference to something called a "Gunther Projection" on Page 32 of the Privateer playguide manual. I assume that's supposed to be the same thing as an Akwende Projection; should I add a blurb to the Akwende Projection page about that, or just assume Lieutenant Quentin made a serious faux pas right there? Perhaps he's referring to a type of Akwende Projection that does not include out-Sector jumps. I dunno; just a thought.

Looks good so far! I'm at work at the moment so can only give a quick glance. If you around, drop by #wingnut later (I'm home around 6 pm EST) and we can talk some shop.

Okay; I'm haven't used IRC for some time. Tonight's probably not going to be good; I won't be home until at least 9:30 EST/0130Z and the weather here is supposed to be crappy by then. Tomorrow's not going to be good; I'll have family in town. I think the next time I could conceivably chat would be Friday night after 8 EST/0000Z. Would give me a chance to get it set up, I suppose.

Eden map, check. Rygannon map with jump to Delta, check. Line of severe thunderstorms coming to rip out my heart and show it to me before I die, check......

Will be tomorrow before I can get any new maps up.

That's fine. We'll be in #wingnut again, so stop by.

In other news, I have finally sat down and started the History texts. I've got a rough draft of the Hornet's already uploaded. I just need to add the section about the UBW and it should be just about finished except for proofing. Hoping to get two or three of them done this week.

Was able to get the rest of the maps last night before the storms hit, though I didn't realize until this morning that I needed to get an updated map of the Valhalla system (one that includes the jump to Eden). I'm hoping I might get that one later today - I do have my RF savegame on my jump drive. The trick will be seeing if I can get DOSBox to run under the XP VM I have at work (i.e. if it's got enough juice and if I can remember how to steer with the keyboard).

Maps are up except for the updated Valhalla system. Also added an entry for Blockade Point Tango with the encounter probabilities from the playtester's guide. Y'all lemme know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hornet history text is updated. It will probably have an edit or two still, but otherwise is about done.

I'm going to see about starting the other WC1 Confed ships this weekend.

Finally getting back to this. I've started on the Scimitar's history text. I'm planning on working on this tonight. See if I can't get a few other things done by Sunday.

Humboldt Quadrant's done. Going to be out of town the next few days; probably will be next week before I can do anything more.

Great job on the continued effort!

I've started to work on Ships again. I've been organizing the Confed capship page like the fighter page, by game. I've completed up to WC3. I plan on finishing it tomorrow and starting on more history texts and article completions. I'd really appreciate anyone willing to help. Even if you aren't sure how, drop by #wingnut and I, or someone else, can help you get things going. Ships is probably the most important section of WCPedia, especially given the number of hits it gets, so getting it complete is a top priority that we all should realize.

Ugh, freshly exhausted from finishing my prospectus.

I should now have enough time to start cracking on those Confed fighter pages again.

I've added the Arena VDUs for Confed! Looking good, I'm going to clean up the existing VDUs so they have invisible backgrounds.

Nice!

I just noticed something though. Do we need to get another one for the Wraith? It looks like it's flashing something is damaged in the current one.

Nope, the Wraith and the Jrathek are just done in a noticeably different style when you look closely at them (with an extra color.)

Ok cool.

I'm going to put some more work on this tonight. I have tomorrow off, so I can pull a late one.

I've updated the Kilrathi capital ship images and I went through and split capital ships and support ships into different categories; I think it looks cleaner that way.

Back