WCPedia: Summer Projects

Did a few more Confed capships.

What does everything think of how I incorporated all three blocks of Bengals into the infobox. I think it looks ok and presents the information in a clear manner. Not sure if it's the best but that's why I put it to everyone for their input.

Next week I'm going to finish up WC1 mission once and for all. I'm tried of the script text hanging over my head. The USG text is going to have to wait until I get a scanner as it's too annoying to type all that in by hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it works for capships since they don't change up much detail-wise (mass and length and number of armaments usually)

Yeah I thought the Bengals would be a nice test bed since there aren't many modifications. I think it's the capship that has the most variance between vessels so if it's our extreme for stats, I think that works with the infobox.

It's a small thing, but you should probably edit the flag used on the Terran Confederation entry. Yeah, the one I made - the colors are wrong on it:

flag.png

This is from the Designing the Universe behind-the-scenes video on the making of the movie intro that LeHah found some time ago. It clearly shows the bottom field to be red, and the top one (apparently) blue - it's too small to make out much else. I made three attempts in the relevant thread to update it - but given the ambiguity, it might be better to make a monochrome image like how it's actually shown.

Maybe the HD cuts of the film could be of some help in that regard, at least in helping to firmly establish the proper proportions and design. The three stripes running above and below the canton are troublesome that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres IS a color version of the flag - in Star*Soldier. And since S*S was published, thats the "canon" correct element to use.

I extracted the flag from S*S.

Would someone like to create a color version of it?

Attachments

• Confed-flag-SS.JPG
    Confed-flag-SS.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 90
To be clear, do you want a color version of the JPEG you posted? It's a pretty low-grade image, and the attempts you made previously seem to look as good as anything I could whip up. Why the change?

Theres IS a color version of the flag - in Star*Soldier. And since S*S was published, thats the "canon" correct element to use.

Just noticed the "color" part of your post. Did I scroll past that version? I just searched for it quickly.

No I didn't want that image colored. I wanted one of our local artists to create a colored version of it. I just cropped that image from a screenshot of S*S. That flag is found on the Burrows wanted poster.

I've finished with the conversion of the general capship and fighter articles to the new fighter infobox. All that remains in the Confed category is the individual ship articles (Tiger's Claw, Concordia, Victory, Princeton, Eagle's Talon, Mount St. Helens, you get the picture). If someone would like to tackle this small project, please do! It's an easy project, it will just take a bit of time. It is made easier though because you can copy and paste much of the infobox for individual ships from the general ship article saving quite a bit of typing.

The other ship categories are still in need of conversion. Aeronautico has done a few Kilrathi fighters, but otherwise that category is untouched.

Missions are my next priority. I only have a few to add basic mission script information to before I am done. There is still a need for someone to go back through the WC1 script and add in all the alternative briefing/debriefing/rec room conversations in the articles. I can explain to anybody willing to take on the project how to understand the WC1 script. I've also got the SM1/2 scripts ready to go thanks to LOAF. Once the WC1 mission articles have the basic stuff in I'll move on to doing SM1. It would be great to, again, have someone going over the articles after me and adding in little things like missing images and text. Just let me know.

If anyone has any suggestions or is looking for something to do on the project, but not sure what, just let me know. I've got tons of things that people can do to help out!

Seriously, if you're even just thinking about it, have a go. It'll be nice seeing more people contributing on a regular basis. :)

Very cool.

I've started to go through your file deletion requests. Won't be able to do them all today, but did get a bunch of them done.

I'm down to 2 more WC1 missions and they are completed for mission success text.

It's okay, I finished off the rest. And killed off a few more, too.

I forgot to pick up my WC4 DVD from home, but when I do, I'll see about replacing those screens from the CD version.

No idea.

It *might* have been quadrants, before Gemini and the border regions were annexed - the original comes from the movie intro ("I hereby declare this world a colony of the Terran Confederation", segueing into talk about pilgrims and jump node charting.) So it's meant to be an historical artifact of sorts. If you watch the movie, it's right at the beginning - right after the JFK speech and title, and way before first contact with the Kilrathi.

Just an update....

Wedge has been a image replacing machine the last week! He's been replacing a lot of the crappy images we uploaded at first and replacing them with nicer ones.

The rest of us have been eating away at a variety of projects. I'm down to 2 WC1 missions to complete for basic article format. I've got the Sm1 and Sm2 scripts from LOAF ready to go when WC1 is completed. So this summer has been pretty productive. Let's keep up the good work in the final month before the bday!

In a bit of very geeky action - i've just played through and recorded all of secret missions 1.5 - i'll be happy to work through making pages for those missions if you'd like?

Sure! Just take a look at how I've structured the WC1 mission articles and the WC1 mission category. Just duplicate that format. If you have any questions ask away.

And thanks!

I might have some files that you might be interested in that might make things a little easier.
I have most of the games scripts flow-charted like I did in WC2 that's posted here. I think I have all the info on the ships encountered NAV points and so forth as well. If you're interested I can send them to Wedge, if he doesn't mind.

Back