WCPedia: Kilrah Image Hunt

Aeronautico

Rear Admiral
I've been meaning to add an image of the planet Kilrah to its WCPedia entry but there are few available, outside of its climactic destruction in WC3. If anyone can provide a shot of Kilrah at its full scope in like in the WC3 prologue, it would be a huge help.

I also need to track down an image of Kilrah in 2681, of its remnants. I might be able to track that down though.

I did not look extensively, but I found an approximate 3/4 view from the WC3 Intro. Since it's been quite some time since I looked over my videos on both my drive and YouTube, if anyone knows the cinematics well I could find the appropriate one.

Attachments

• WC3_Intro_Kilrah.JPG
    WC3_Intro_Kilrah.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 77
Hi, I had those handy: pics of Kilrah after it's destruction, straight from WCP/SO (these are sector background images).

Attachments

• 00001008.bmp
    65.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 00001010.bmp
    65.1 KB · Views: 64
Hehehe, I always thought that was so weird -- yeah it turns out Kilrah just sort of stopped exploding after what we saw.

I don't think it's a necessarily bad interpretation of what happened. The Temblor shock wave shook the planet apart and destroyed all life on it as well as the majority of the ships in orbit... but gravity is still an incredible force - Kilrah could still be in the process of breaking apart, and it's certainly a lot more interesting to look at than just an asteroid field (just seeing that image in Prophecy tells you for certain that you (the player) are back in the Kilrah system).

I've always wondered if it was a setup for the Steltek machine that was supposed to put Kilrah back together in Privateer 3...

Ooh, now that's certainly intriguing. But even if the planet was returned to a single mass, I daresay it probably would not have been habitable - all the atmosphere would have been lost to space.

Edit: Unless the all-powerful Steltek are capable of generating fresh atmospheres as well. o.o

Oh, I can't remember exactly what it was. I do remember it being some sort of plot-device from reading through the Privateer 3 / On-Line documents.

PopsiclePete said:
Hi, I had those handy: pics of Kilrah after it's destruction, straight from WCP/SO (these are sector background images).

You can get a nice screencap of Kilrah from the Prophecy DVD vobs, and we have this high quality art in the news archive.

kilrah.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I saved a copy of that when it was first released. I still can't work out what the ship is supposed to be. I suppose it could be a TOBY drone? Although it's hard to see what the scale is supposed to be.

Wedge009 said:
I saved a copy of that when it was first released. I still can't work out what the ship is supposed to be. I suppose it could be a TOBY drone? Although it's hard to see what the scale is supposed to be.

The camera is right in back of a TOBY, Kilrah is far away.

Hehehe, I always thought that was so weird -- yeah it turns out Kilrah just sort of stopped exploding after what we saw.
I always figured it was a case of someone deciding that in retrospection, planets exploding without a trace are kinda dull. At least to me, it seems that having a wreck of the planet is more interesting and powerful than having nothing.

I can't recall, but I think they may be used in different missions in Prophecy - as you progress further, you get closer to Kilrah and thus the image of Kilrah appears bigger in the 'sky'.

Or, you could be right and one of them was never actually used in the game itself. x.x

Back