WCP: Soppy ending

akashra

Spaceman
Was playing WCP yesterday, passed it, and it's been ages since I last played it. Having recently (in the last two weeks) played all the other four (and all addons) through, one thing came to mind -
What a bloody soppy ending! :p

Did anyone else think this of the prophecy ending? It just wasn't the same. The WC4 ending on the other hand... that was just great. Too bad the game ends a bit quickly though - as does Prophecy. WC3 at least gives you a good indication you are coming up to the last missions, especially after you first test the tembler bomb.

I was expecting Casey to get a little love during that last scene, but they kept the "sexual tension" with Stilletto. She wasn't that great to begin with. Blah. Gimme my Sosa!!! :D

Hey, I've been good recently. No mentioning Sosa or film score composers. :p

I never actually saw a problem with film composers... I *LOVE* film music... the Jurassic Park theme is my absolute favorite musical piece of *ALL* time :)

I refrain from talking about film music because once I start, I won't stop and then TyeDyeBoy will start bitching again . :rolleyes:

Originally posted by LeHah
I was expecting Casey to get a little love during that last scene, but they kept the "sexual tension" with Stilletto. She wasn't that great to begin with. Blah. Gimme my Sosa!!! :D

the mods let this ... this THING be a brigadere general? *cries* the end is near!!!!

lol.. man LeHah, you need a girlfriend, and if you do.. you need to be around her more.. lol

hehe.... stand up for your rights I say!!! oh... sorry :)

and hey... leave LeHah alone RATM! Just because his girlfriend isn't givin' him enough lovin' doesn't mean anything :)

RATM, Ill make you eat your words over a game of Homeworld. :)

Also, I dropped my last GF because she was a little...er, detached and remote. But women aren't that hard to meet when you're working in a liquor store and carding 21 year old girls. :D

Originally posted by LeHah

*L* hehe... especially since, throughout the entire game, Casey and Stiletto have all the chemistry of a dead frog on a hotplate. They have NOTHING together. More happens between Rachel and Casey throughout the game that does between Stiletto and Casey. Casey and Stiletto don't have many scenes together, and in them, they exhibit no sexual tension, nor any romantic interest in each other. But that's been debated.

The ending of Prophecy is not any better or worse for me... there are many missions one must fly to get that ending, and I enjoy it to its fullest.

On another note, what was stupid about the WC4 ending, was the difference between 'Only fools rush in' and 'Seize the moment'. The following sequence was almost exactly the same, but for no apparent reason Paladin won't hear you out with the first option, and he will with the latter. Some of those wrong options seemed a bit contrived to me...

And yeah, I didn't notice much sexual tension between Stiletto and Casey either. But then again, it has been a while since I played the game. Must do that again sometime soon then... :D

I agree with Unforgiven about the 'Only fools rush in' and 'Seize the moment' thing, it was a bit odd. But what was neat, was for once the careful approach was the wrong one.

I didn't find WCP's ending particulary bad but it's true that the final mission is a bit too sudden.

I do believe that more went on with Rachael than with Stilletto... but then again... we know how "outgoing" Rachael can be ;)

Originally posted by akashra
LeHah, would 'Blonde' be a better word to describe? :)

She was a brunette-dyed-blonde... She was also a Black Belt in a very white middle class town and I a lowly Blue Belt who spent his fair time in the Projects of downtown Bridgeport. Arguments were... interesting. :D

Originally posted by Mav23
I do believe that more went on with Rachael than with Stilletto... but then again... we know how "outgoing" Rachael can be ;)

What about Finlay?

I was waiting for the scene where you meet her and Stiletto in the bar, but alas it never came.

I think it might have had something to do with Casey being a little bit wet behind the ears.

With all this mentioning of Talvert, Finley and Coriollis in such way, I'm kinda glad the CAG hasn't come into this conversation yet :D

Whoops, too late :p

Back