(WCP) My next mission starts with ......

Rakarth

Spaceman
I am on a mission which is about the defence of the Midway having a Plasma Weapon.

The mission before that was a success killing a so called alien "ship killer" but now when I start up and my ship goes into the launch tube (after the cutscene a ship is placed their for launch). It start to show me this.

9zyohy.jpg

I did redo the previous mission........... and yes tried to restart the game a couple of times its keep doing this.

I found a solution however its not an every elegant one I found someones save games and copied over mine and now it works........... but still its strange my file got corrupted or something.

From what I recall, this issue results from the Midway having critical components destroyed in an earlier mission. Flying a simulator mission which involves the Midway will 'reset' the components on the Midway thereby allowing you to play the campaign mission as normal.

I caution against random copying of save files as it can mess up a lot of variables saved between missions. This probably is seen in the corruption you have observed.

Thank you all.

I tried that simulator stuff and deleting the auto save game. I done that yesterday but that didn't seem to work for me. I think there is some truth in what Wedge said about damage from previous missions.

Although I already fixed it with copying save games I lost my own data in the process But doesn't matter I can still play the game and finish it again like back in the days.

I got WC 1 2 and 3 running too.

But WC 3 seems to crash now and then on random occasions. Sometimes you can fly a whole mission then it crashes, sometimes it crash in the middle of a cut scene or when you try to talk to someone. And I put all the compatibility options on what has been advised on many forums.

Homeworld 2 does the same thing. Sometimes you can play for an hour other times you can't play for 2 minutes. It keeps crashing. Old games and Vista its just not a great mix.

This is a common issue. Playing simulator mission 7 resets the damage to the Midway and allows you to continue.

Back