WCP Multiplayer

Hello,

is thism WC Mp thing just 1 vs 1 or does it include some missions, maybe coop? Ok, that would have been a lot of work.
What it was anyways! Thanx to Programmer
Did I mention that I love coop games :)

BarFly said:
is thism WC Mp thing just 1 vs 1 or does it include some missions, maybe coop?

Did you read the thread?

AD said:
No, the patch currently allows up to 8 players. We've had 5 player games without much difficulty. But theoretically it could get laggy with 8. HCl hasn't finished refining the net code yet, thus why this is still considered a test release...

There is currently co-op in the sense that you can have up to 4 teams of 2 or 2 teams of 4 or three teams, 2 of 3 and one of 2. It's pretty much just death match in this test release. More objective based missions, and stuff (like carrier assaults) are planned for later releases.

Adding more complex scenarios to WCPMP is definitely planned. The current version of the patch lacks proper support for AI ships and capships in MP scenarios, so this is mostly what is preventing complex missions from being built. These tasks are very high on my priority list, however.

A Scoreboard for WCPMP is planned.. and in fact *almost* made it into the test release. On the few days preceding the CIC Birthday i was rushing to get the patch as stable as possible, and had to disable a few features which were not stable enough at the time. The scoreboard was one of these: it ended up being disabled because it was reporting incorrect stats for some reason.

Hello,

AD said:
Did you read the thread?
There is currently co-op in the sense that you can have up to 4 teams of 2 or 2 teams of 4 or three teams, 2 of 3 and one of 2. It's pretty much just death match in this test release. More objective based missions, and stuff (like carrier assaults) are planned for later releases.

I did read the thread :)
What I meant with 1 on 1 is exactly what You described here. I just used the wrong phrase for it.
Thx again to HCI for your great work :)

i haven't been able to play much lately due to uni assignments/tests but should be free again to play more often.
Just head to Wingnut and ask around, sometimes you'll get a yes, othertimes not. Cant hurt to try though :)

Hi,

I d'like to try the prophecy multiplayer one of these days and i'm lookin for other players ;

I'm in Belgium and time zone is +1 ;
I could be on wingnut almost any time on evening between wednesday and sunday.
What about a try on Friday 8 june at 11pm ? (must be 6pm in Canada or east coast)

Back