WCP High-Res Oddity

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
Hello all.

My brother encountered this oddity with Maniac and the unnamed Border Worlder in WCP while using the high-res patch at 1024x768. I haven't confirmed it on my own computer, and I'd run it at 1280x1024 anyway. Has anyone seen anything like this before? Just to confirm whether it's a problem with the patch or the computer I set up for my brother specifically.

Attachments

• Maniac.png
    Maniac.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 283
I've never had that happen while using the high res patch, and I use the 1024x768 setting as well.

I've had similar problems with the Secret Ops layout and the High Res patch, but that may or may not be related to this issue, I really don't know.

Yeah, looks like it's a problem with the patch itself. During installation, the WCP High-res installer resizes a lot of game sprites and animations to the new resolution, so it seems that it isn't rezising that particular animation for some reason.

In any case, animation resizing will not be an issue for next version, since the patch will be handling new resolutions differently.

Mario

Good to hear you're cooking up an update to that. Any chance it'll resize the video as well? I believe there was also something about the HUD being resized.

Great, thanks for the feedback, everyone. And thanks especially to HCl for your hard work on this sort of stuff. :)

Chris, yes, the FMV sequences will be resized. :) I'm not aware of any problems with the HUD, but i'll look into it. Also, since my newly-acquired laptop has a widescreen display, expect proper support for wide resolutions as well (i'll be able to test on 1280x768, but code will be generic enough to support any resolution you throw at it). There *may* be a couple of extra features, but these are dependent on several factors, so there's no point on giving more details until i'm sure i am able to pull it off.

Wedge, thanks for the kind words :) I had an update for the High-res patch planned for some time now, but it ended up being pushed down on my "to-do" list until now to give priority for other projects.

Mario

Widescreen AND full sized FMV, oh Mario I'm naming my firstborn after you :D

Only things left on my lists of desires are smoothed video (well, or the DVD version ;)) and 32bit support for ATI cards (although I was planning on making my next upgrade an nVidia).

HCl said:
Chris, yes, the FMV sequences will be resized. :) I'm not aware of any problems with the HUD, but i'll look into it. Also, since my newly-acquired laptop has a widescreen display, expect proper support for wide resolutions as well (i'll be able to test on 1280x768, but code will be generic enough to support any resolution you throw at it). There *may* be a couple of extra features, but these are dependent on several factors, so there's no point on giving more details until i'm sure i am able to pull it off.

I thought I had heard some things such as the circle ring around the HUD when playing in 3dfx mode had some problems resizing, but that might not be true. Looking forward to the widescreen support!

Ah i see.. Well, it's quite possible i missed something in Glide mode, since i was dependent on my old Voodoo1 card for testing back then. Although i tested this the best i could along with some people working on UE at the time, it was still far less tested than D3D mode. I'll make sure to test the Glide patch with Zeckensack's Glide Wrapper this time ;-)

Back