WCP - High res movies, where to download? + Prophecy install with updates/enchancements

Davie_UCF

Spaceman
Hey guys. I signed up here in 2004 after a nostalgia trip.. I'm back on another.

I want to grab the Wing Commander Prophecy movies, however the download links on this site are incredibly slow, which I could put up with, by waiting. But they seem to stall and not resume before they are finished. I'm only trying to download the first pack but currently it has got to 300mb (ish) done and has just stopped.

Any ideas? Or mirrors I can use?

While i'm here, whats the suggested installation order for Prophecy, when using the glide wrapper and enhancement pack?, I have installed them a few times and sometimes I can't enable fog in the settings once installing the enhancement pack and other times I can't have the resolution high..
Thanks

AFAIK, the glide wrapper became obsolete after the last major openGL upgrade patch..

AFAIK, the glide wrapper became obsolete after the last major openGL upgrade patch..

Ah cool, I have resorted to the OpenGL patch now and all is great! However don't you need the enhancement pack to get the HQ movies to work?

If you are having issues with downloads hanging then you should either switch to a browser that allows download resuming or use a download manager.

I'm using Chrome which allows resuming, but for some reason when I click resume it just sits there.. Any ideas?

So the HQ movies will work without the enhancement pack? As i'm just using the OpenGL mod
Another question.. various parts of the hud seem to have a square behind them which can be noticed depending on the background, as if the transparency of the GUI is a bit dodgy, is this just a part of having the GUI enlarged at higher resolutions?

Cheers

Hope you don't mind all these questions. Since getting Prophecy to run and seeing WC on GOG for next to nothing all I can think about is being in the Wing Commander world..

Turns out one of my downloads did finish yesterday so I have the first pack. So i'll see if I can get it working..

I've got a Saitek Cyborg 3d which is a bit old now but does the job. However annoyingly the rudder (twisting the stick) seems to be reversed in WCP. And annoyingly the software for it (which I assume I could fix this in) isn't for Vista or W7. :( Theres nothing I can do?
As well as this it seems like most of the buttons on the stick do the same things, like change the view..

And lastly.
I never got around to playing WC3 or 4 in my youth, I had an Amiga first and it came with Wing Commander 1, which I was too young to understand, I just remember the simulator and the animated parts. Years later I jumped straight into Prophecy with my first proper PC..
I'm sure WC3 and 4 are worth checking out as most seem to say they are better than Prophecy, however the graphics may make it hard for me to get into after being so obsessed with getting Prophecy looking great.. Are there any modifications for WC 3 or 4 to make them a bit better?

Cheers

Hope you don't mind all these questions. Since getting Prophecy to run and seeing WC on GOG for next to nothing all I can think about is being in the Wing Commander world..

Turns out one of my downloads did finish yesterday so I have the first pack. So i'll see if I can get it working..

I've got a Saitek Cyborg 3d which is a bit old now but does the job. However annoyingly the rudder (twisting the stick) seems to be reversed in WCP. And annoyingly the software for it (which I assume I could fix this in) isn't for Vista or W7. :( Theres nothing I can do?
As well as this it seems like most of the buttons on the stick do the same things, like change the view..

And lastly.
I never got around to playing WC3 or 4 in my youth, I had an Amiga first and it came with Wing Commander 1, which I was too young to understand, I just remember the simulator and the animated parts. Years later I jumped straight into Prophecy with my first proper PC..
I'm sure WC3 and 4 are worth checking out as most seem to say they are better than Prophecy, however the graphics may make it hard for me to get into after being so obsessed with getting Prophecy looking great.. Are there any modifications for WC 3 or 4 to make them a bit better?

Cheers

As for the rudder, yes its very annoying i dealt with the same thing, luckily with my logitech profiler, it lets me map the keyboard roll functions to the rudder. Only downside is this makes rolling digital rather than analog.

Back