WCP - guns of the capships

Deacan

Commodore
Just a question: are the entries on the ships database true? For the Midway they say:

25 laserturrets, each with a range of 8000 klicks (???) and a fire relay of 1 shot per second...

So... the midway uses the same turrets as the shrike or devastator?

And 2. The Herc LC: no guns? The offical Guide (ISBN-13: 978-3772343735 for the german version) listet at least 2 turrets and a single lasergun on it - now I feel confused.

The game itself (well, wcpedit actually) tells me both the Midway and the Devastator use the "Turreted Laser", which has a speed of 7000, 8000 range, 1000ms Refire delay, 10 Energy and 38 damage. And the Midway has 25 of those, so yes, i'd say the database is pretty much spot on.
But you're right about the Hercules, it has two of those turrets described above plus an additional Laser, maybe the database should be updated.

Well, so thats a huge difference when compared to WC3 or WC4, twice the range but 1 shot vs. 5 per sec...

But I feel still a bit of surprised at least - bombers uses the same basic laser turrets as a capship.

Well, so thats a huge difference when compared to WC3 or WC4, twice the range but 1 shot vs. 5 per sec...

But I feel still a bit of surprised at least - bombers uses the same basic laser turrets as a capship.

I can see your confusion and agree with it. Capships are supposed to kick ass better/stronger/faster than the smaller craft she carries. That's like saying the best weapon standard carrier in any navy back in WWII carried is a 50 cal. machine gun, which was (for the most part) the standard and most powerful wing/turreted weapon of fighters/dive bombers.

Does seem rather odd, doesn't it? :p

I don't think any of the computer controlled weapons that are turreted in Secret Ops and Prophecy by any ship capship or fighter are accurate for the refire delay...the range...Definately...But it seems to take the computer longer in general to fire. It's part of the internal A.I i guess

I can see your confusion and agree with it. Capships are supposed to kick ass better/stronger/faster than the smaller craft she carries. That's like saying the best weapon standard carrier in any navy back in WWII carried is a 50 cal. machine gun, which was (for the most part) the standard and most powerful wing/turreted weapon of fighters/dive bombers.

Does seem rather odd, doesn't it? :p

I think that actually sounds reasonable. Carriers don't have large offensive weaponry. We see other capships with big cannons, but the Midway isn't supposed to directly engage other capships.

Back