WCP GBA: Painting the Target

Ijuin

Admiral
In the WCP GBA mission "Painting the Target", where and when am I supposed to drop the mines so that the Midway can use the plasma weapon? I have tried dropping them near the various capships, and also near the jump bouy, but I have so far met with no success.

Haven't played it yet, but I assume it's like the PC version... you aren't supposed to drop mines. You target the bridge of the ship you're told to target and fire the 'Targetting Disc' or somesuch

TC said:
Haven't played it yet, but I assume it's like the PC version... you aren't supposed to drop mines. You target the bridge of the ship you're told to target and fire the 'Targetting Disc' or somesuch

Actually it's different from the PC version. From an email from Hades:
"While the statistics screen says about placing a target disk, I assume someone forgot to change that when the mission was changed to mining the jump point. The briefing is correct. When you play the mission and you arrive with all of the enemy ships around, hold the L button and tap the B button until Mines are your currently selected missile. I'm not sure how close you have to be, but what I did was afterburn straight for the jump point beacon (it'll be a light blue dot on your radar), and when I got close I just dropped mines (B button) like crazy. After I'd dropped a certain amount.. not sure how many.. the game autopiloted me back to the Midway.. mission complete."

Back