WCP Explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Prophecy and Secret Ops, Origin pursued a number of possible games -- including Wing Commander or Privateer Online, to which you're referring.

The only game actually announced was called "Strike Team", though.

Well MP playing only gets boaring if you make it boaring. I know of thousands of people spent countless hours in even a simple deathmatch game (I was one of them!). They form clans and game groups and have contests. I think if MP was put into a new WC game, and make it so not only are there plain dogfights, but coop type MP as well, where you can run thru some of the single play missions in coop mode, and not only fly on Confed side, but what ever the enemy is, fly on that side as well. Not just take out wings and capships like in FS, but missions set up like the plot missions. Have choice of flying fighters, capships, control bases or planets, maybe set up something like Armada or similar. I whole heartly agree that plain dogfights or taking out capship after capship does get boaring. Perhaps something like coop and run thru the plot missions would not be so bad.

Massive MP might be the way to go also with a new WC game that has single play too. I dont agree with the asumption of putting in MP would hamper quality of the single play or story. Jedi Knight Dark Forces II proved that wrong. So did Half-Life. Half-Life did not have FMV's, but had a very intense story line and plot, as well as excellent game play in both single and multi modes. Unreal also proved that you can combine both multi and single without sacrificing one for another. These games also allowed coop play within the single play levels too. Another example of excellent combining of MP and single is XWA. It too did not have the FMV, but did combine single play and multi play very well. If others can do it, why not WC? Maybe strech it further than the others. The one thing I dont want to see is a MP only WC game that you have to pay a monthly fee to enjoy it plus buy the game as well. That should stir up the arguments more than adding MP to WC.

RFBurns

I don't know XWA as MP did not really amaze me (as any other space sim MP). I mean you fly towards your enemy, cut your speed to 66%, so you get maximum maneuvrability and cicle each other. If one of them tries something fancy, he is shot down because the other one just aligns his reticule on him. I have to admit though, that I only played with one single person and never with more, perhaps that would change it a lot. I find a more profound Aramada would be best: Strategy and flying included.
I never followed the Priv online development because the first thing I heard about it, was that it was cancelled: Was it an online game only? Because that would not appeal very much to me.

Privateer Online was supposed to be similar to how UO is set up, but follow the traditions of Privateer, you fly around, join groups or stay by yourself, gain credits to buy better stuff, hopefully no one shoots you down and you have to start all over or end up on a wait period before playing again. Something I definately would have passed on.

RFB

That would certainly not have been my favourite WC game but if it is labeled WC I buy it (and if it's more or less official).
But thanks RFBurns.

Ya me too, I would still buy it to have it but I doubt I would have played it much if there were monthly fees and that wait thing. Who wants to pay a monthly fee and then sit around waiting for your turn to enter the game? Then get shot up to have to go thru that again? EEWW. Might as well throw money into a fire and keep warm while playing older WC games!! :)

RFB

LOL, my wife has different ideas on that one!! She wont leave me alone long enough to realize that in SO, there was another wormhole to shoot at!! One time she hit the power strip button just to get my attention, right in the middle of autopiloting to that point of SO! :mad:

RFB

Its ok tho, she paid dearly for that mistake! One night she was online in her UO game, well I went outside to get some fresh air. I saw this wire, and it looked like it needed help. It was dangling from the wall into this little brown box connected to the telephone pole. It needed help bad! So I got out the trusty dusty wire cutters and...oops, (screams from inside the house). :D

RFB

Well, I had to make my own supper that night!! But we made up the next morning and she said she wouldnt do that again and I made the same promise (fingers crossed:D)!

RFB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back