WCP crash to desktop

BibbDoo

Rear Admiral
I've been trying to play through WCP recently and it's been running beautifully up until now.

Unfortunately, now I'm getting 2 very annoying problems that hopefully you guys can help me with.

1st problem:
It's been a long while since I've played so bear with me with my description of where I am in the game. I just started the 2nd disc. I've landed inside the relay comm station just after Blair was abducted. Whenever I try to "contact Decker" through the stations computer terminal to move on to the next mission, I get about 1 or 2 seconds of video and a crash to the desktop with the following error message:

FileStreamer::read failed 0 0 998
fs::read WaitForMultipleObjects 1 0

2nd problem:
Same mission. If I skip the video segment mentioned above by clicking the "fly mission" button before it begins, I am able to play the missino for about 10 seconds before it crashes to the desktop with no warning or error message. As far as I can tell, there's no specific event that causes the crash.

I've tried playing around with compatibility modes and sound acceleration but to no avail. This is the only problem I've had thus far running the game, everything else, video included, has been just about perfect.

Anyone have any idea whats going on here?
Thanks!

Back