WCP Ammo 1.1 not working in Wing Commander Prophecy gold

webe123

Rear Admiral
Is there any way to use a hex editor to change the addresses and numbers so that I can have unlimited missles and guns in Secret Ops of the Wing Commander Prophecy Gold edition?

WCP ammo will NOT WORK because Alex "Locke" Fong clearly stated in his readme that it was for version 1.05 of the final retail version of the game, but my copy is prophecy GOLD which has the secret ops missions bundled with it.

How do I check my CDs to see what verion they are anyway?

I do not think it is version 1.5 and though I have put the wcp ammo in the same directory, it still will not work....in prophecy OR secret ops. BUT...in prophecy, I simply used the hex cheats for that .

But is there a way around it by using a hex? Does anyone know the addresses for unlimited guns and unlimited missles...unlimited afterburners would also be nice....Anyone???

Rather than hex, have you tried WCPedit by T. Bruckner? I've only used it with Secret Ops, but it's designed to work with either. It allows you to change ship stats, so you can give yourself 99 missiles. Naturally, guns are already unlimited, you can change their refire rate plus the ship's power settings using the same editor. Unless of course you're referring to Stormfire rounds, again I think they can be tweaked to give you more ammo.

https://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/WCPEdit_Ship_Editor

Last edited by a moderator:
Rather than hex, have you tried WCPedit by T. Bruckner? I've only used it with Secret Ops, but it's designed to work with either. It allows you to change ship stats, so you can give yourself 99 missiles. Naturally, guns are already unlimited, you can change their refire rate plus the ship's power settings using the same editor. Unless of course you're referring to Stormfire rounds, again I think they can be tweaked to give you more ammo.

https://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/WCPEdit_Ship_Editor

Thanks! I will give it a go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way to use a hex editor to change the addresses and numbers so that I can have unlimited missles and guns in Secret Ops of the Wing Commander Prophecy Gold edition?

WCP ammo will NOT WORK because Alex "Locke" Fong clearly stated in his readme that it was for version 1.05 of the final retail version of the game, but my copy is prophecy GOLD which has the secret ops missions bundled with it.

Did you actually try it? Wing Commander Prophecy and Secret Ops are bundled together in Prophecy Gold, but they're actually two separate standalone games. Off the top of my head, I can't recall anything that works with Prophecy not working with the Prophecy included with Gold.

Did you actually try it? Wing Commander Prophecy and Secret Ops are bundled together in Prophecy Gold, but they're actually two separate standalone games. Off the top of my head, I can't recall anything that works with Prophecy not working with the Prophecy included with Gold.

Of course I tried it!

From my post..."I do not think it is version 1.5 and though I have put the wcp ammo in the same directory, it still will not work....in prophecy OR secret ops"

How would I know it didn't work otherwise?

How would I know it didn't work otherwise?

"because Alex "Locke" Fong clearly stated in his readme that it was for version 1.05 of the final retail version of the game"

It looked like you were basing it off of what he said... Because there's really not much difference between the two. I can't think of why something would work on Prophecy and not Prophecy Gold. Like I mentioned above, Secret Ops is completely separate. At most, swapping out the executable or a dll would probably smooth over any differences.

The answer is simple. Get your hands on the 1.05 exe. run a comparison (with a hex editor) of it before and after patch to see what was modified and more appropriately where. Replicate the process in the updated exe. I doubt there will be that much of a change between versions.

Modifications to the fighters themselves is preferable if you're using the hi res and movie upgrades. Not in front of my PC but if memory serves the exes used are different?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the ships are stored separate of the exes. If that's true then just buff them up a bit. You have to be a real bad shot (or obsessed) to use up 99 of any class of missile save Dragonfly rockets.

Back