Wcmdf

Shooter

Rear Admiral
Hi.

Just a question, what's the status of the Wing Commander model development forum ? Is it dead ?

matthew who used to run it left it to someone else. and the site itself is hosted by the CIC (they are keeping it up), though i dont hink hey are doing anything with changing it. its not dead-dead, just no one is doing nay new work for it. Though it was really just a collection pool of mod work. since last time there has been a lot more art done for various projects. it would be sensible i guess to go around the projects and ask them to donate their art so the wcmdf can index it and make it available to DL for use in other projects. i dont know how willing people are to openly share for the purpose of sharing, though i donno, i think its a fairly noble approach, maybe it would go over well. The stuff on the WCMDF now was made with the intention of also being on the wcmdf, so sharing was in mind when making. people who made the models for their specific project might have not planned on making it available to all. it can be hard to let go of something you worked on. but its worth a try anyways. i'll message some of the recent project people and see if they wanna donate.

-scheherazade

Well, I'm playing with the idea of helping maintaining WCMDF. And besides I'd be happy to share our models :D

Well, I'm playing with the idea of helping maintaining WCMDF. And besides I'd be happy to share our models

Actually yeah, that's a pretty good Idea....

If people send me models I'll add them to it...

what about High poly models? it seems all that is available is simple models suitable for games and such.... but not really artwork...

well, there are several hi-res models available at WC CIC. Besides Alan Hart had created several WC Models.

well, I also need people who could help maintaning the site and especially someone, who could write model reviews (someone, whos native english is English).

Hey Tolwyn the only thing I can view on your web page is just the home page is the rest not up yet or something or just down for some reason?

I'm working on it.
Just to mention, I've finished the design of the page and I'm starting the conversion of the models. In fact, I've uploaded two models: Hellcat V and Longbow. Check Confed fighters section

Status Update: following ships are now available for download

Hellcat V
Longbow
Excalibur
Dralthi MKII
Dralthi MKIII
Banshee

~Tolwyn

another two ship added: Hornet and Thunderbolt MKVII. Both of them are suitable for mods.

Looking good, but do you think you could provide higher resolution shots of the ships? Maybe use the small images as a link to big ones. Also, on the meshes page, you seem to have linked directly to the Kilrathi dreadnought RAR file rather than the list of Kilrathi capships.

Back