WCM: What does Paladin say...

Lt.Overload

Rear Admiral
...before firing the missiles on the Snakeir(?)? He says something french but I can't find out what it is anywhere.

Also, I thought it a was a bit funny they didn't reveal anything about the Pilgrims in some of the WCM trailers. I think there were two instances in one trailer where they would have been mentioned, but was cut out or replaced by another line. Blair's line "Emotion is what separates us from the Pilgrims, and from the Kilrathi." was cut to just mentioning the Kilrathi, and Paladin's line "It's not faith, it's genetics!" was changed to "It's not faith! Let's make our miracle." Anyone know why?

Can't answer your question about the Pilgrims, but before firing at the Snakeir, Taggart says:

"Au revoir, mes amis"

Which I believe simply means: "Goodbye, my friends"

Also, I thought it a was a bit funny they didn't reveal anything about the Pilgrims in some of the WCM trailers. I think there were two instances in one trailer where they would have been mentioned, but was cut out or replaced by another line. Blair's line "Emotion is what separates us from the Pilgrims, and from the Kilrathi." was cut to just mentioning the Kilrathi, and Paladin's line "It's not faith, it's genetics!" was changed to "It's not faith! Let's make our miracle." Anyone know why?

I'm guessing that's just standard trailer editing. In a lot of trailers they frequently cut lines or you hear dialogue but see characters the characters in a different scene/angle. My guess is that it's for drama in the trailer but also to keep those scenes fresh in the movie, so you're not revisiting scenes previously revealed. If Pilgrims and too many other plot devices are mentioned in the trailer, it may overwhelm the audience. It's clear the Kilrathi are the enemy, let the rest be revealed through the script. :)

Probably hadn't finished paladin's animatronics at the time the trailer was made. Budget constraints.

Back