WCM movie ships

Yeah, the PTC is HUGE. I looked at a sister-ship design which did not have 1, and it really wasn't as impressive if u ask me. However, w/ the cannon built in, now THAT is a classic look right there!

I don't believe we've ever seen a confederation class dreadnaught without a PTC.

TC

I'm surprised no race thought of shields that ABSORB energy, collect it, and use it to store for later, or overcharge energy weapons w/ it for massive punch (fighters punching thru phase shielding!).:cool:

Well since torpedoes dont release energy until they explode, and they are designed to go through sheilds, I dont think there would be much of a difference. Plus there would probably be a limit as to the amount of energy the shields could channel at any one time.

Originally posted by Chameleon102
...whereas some prat of a kittie designer decided that they'd be better spread around the ship an anti-fighter guns.

Fools...
Having 'em spread around the ship is actually a better idea, IMHO. No sense in having vulerable sections on your ship.

And a Confederation dreadnought without a keel wouldn't be a very sturdy ship, would it? :)

Well since torpedoes dont release energy until they explode, and they are designed to go through sheilds, I dont think there would be much of a difference. Plus there would probably be a limit as to the amount of energy the shields could channel at any one time.

That's exactly right! Concentrate enough firepower, though a lot, since such a ship would have emergency energy-bleeding tech, and you could destroy it. Also, notice ENERGY ABSORBING,...what about those wonderful mass drivers? MAJOR WEAKNESS for maulers!

Back