WCIII Interlacing

Eleazar

Rear Admiral
Does anyone know if there's a way to deactivate the interlacing in WCIII?

Respectfully,

Eleazar

you can't. remember the game was made in 1995 (or wasn't it ?), so the techs to film digital were just in the make.

You can de-interlace it. To play the game without interlacing, you have to add -no_interlace at the command line. If it's the DOS version, then it'll be
WC3 -no_interlace
If it's KSaga, it'll be
WC3W -no_interlace

And the same goes for the DOS and Win9x versions of WC4.

Thanks for the tip :)
WC3 looks better than ever, however the -no_interlace command attachment doesn't work with my DOS Version of WC4.
Do I need a patch?

Respectfully,

Eleazar

Full Motion Video -- if you look closely at the video in WC games, there are little black lines throughout it... you can turn them on or off, depending on your preferrence.

What are these lines for?

From what you said Bandit, if they are throughout the videos, they just make them worse!! So what's the point in having them? :confused:

Oh, they make the image look much sharper from a distance -- you only see them when you look up close.

I've never noticed interlacing in WC3... the movies appear without any scanlines or anything. Should I try this?
Code:
WC3 -interlace

Originally posted by Eleazar
WC3 looks better than ever, however the -no_interlace command attachment doesn't work with my DOS Version of WC4.
Do I need a patch?
I don't know... I have the DOS version of WC4, but I've never actually played it (well, there was that one time, but...). The first thing I did after installing it, y'see, is to install the Win9x patch for WC4. You can find this patch on the KSaga CD, and on the Origin web site. I think it might also be in the CIC's files' section, but I can't remember.

I can't seem to remember interlacing on WC3. In any case I prefer them on. At least on low-res stuff like the FMV. Without it, you can see all the 'squaring' you get from compression, especially in WCP.

BTW, TV is interlaced, is it not?

Originally posted by Wedge009
I can't seem to remember interlacing on WC3.
The original DOS version of WCIII did not have interlacing (and badly needed it, as FMV was relatively new in computer games and tended to be rather "blocky", especially in high-contrast scenes). However, the Kilrathi Saga version does offer interlacing.

The Win9x patch for WCIV allows you to control interlacing via a command line parameter ( -no_interlace, if memory serves) that can be added to the shortcut.

kilrathi Saga Cd 3 STOLEN NEED BURN

Could some one PLEASE burn me a copy of cd 3 I bought the full set legally for $49.95 australian about $25.00 US but I took the cd's to school and cd 3 got stolen. I swear if I ever find the guy who stole it I'll kill him. So can anyone help me? I have scanned three of my cd's in as proof of ownership. if any other proof is needed then just ask me about anything about the Kilrathi Saga and I'll tell you it.

http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/wcmod/Cd's.jpg

Back