WC4: The Movie

Shipgate

Rear Admiral
That's such a fantastic idea. I actually have now a DVD of Wing Commander 3 that Asher cross put together for me. It's great, it's got all the cinematics and mission briefings in it. Then all the extra scenes include the paths of the story that I didn't want to go down.

He was working on a Wing Commander 4 DVD for me and told me there was some problem with the scene of Vagabond's death. I can't remember what the problem was exactly.

Cool!

Could you expand a bit more on the details if possible please:

-Did he consolidate the desired scenes into a large, single segment or are all of the WC3 segments included indivdually on the DVD?

-How did he compile the DVD -- did he use HCL's movie player to extract the desired segments and then cut them together in Premiere or a similar editor?

-Which codecs/formats are used? MPEG2 (VOB) streams or MPEG4 (XviD/DivX) .avi?

-How long does the "movie" run?

-Could you post a few screenshots and/or a brief sample to guage the final encoding quality?

Finally, is it possible to get hold of a copy of the DVD?

Cheers,

BrynS

Well, I'll tell you what I can about it. I don't think I can give you any technical details about it cause I honestly don't know how he did it. I'm not nearly as good at computers as I wish I were.

But the whole project is on two DVD's and each one has about 15 tracks on it.

If you want to know all the technical parts about it, maybe you could send him a private message or something. His user name is asher_cross. I haven't heard from his for awhile so I don't know if he's still around or not. Last time I spoke with him he still wasn't sure how to solve the long scene of Vagabond's death. I was willing to just not have the scene on there (though I realized what an important scene it was) just so I could get the DVD.

As far as getting a copy of the WC3 DVD, I'll definately see what I can do. I think I know someone with a DVD burner. But besides all that, I'm sorry I'm not much help to you. If you can get a hold of asher though, he really did do a great job on these. Perhaps he can help.

Hmm, or you could even read some of his posts regarding the subject.

Thanks for the info, Shipgate.

I've just done a search for all his posts and have picked up a bit more info. I can upload the .VOB file of Vagabond's death if he's still looking for it, so I'll probably send him an e-mail.

Cheers,

BrynS

Hey, it's me after a long hiatus. Sorry, Shipgate, for not getting on the DVD, but I've been busy with college stuffs. In fact, I did get Madman to get me a working VOB of the Vagabond death scene, so if you are still interested, I can get one for you, unless you want to wait for this guy, since he seems to be able to get gameplay scenes. But I'd still be willing to work on one for anyone who's interested.

Back