WC4 Set Revelation Comes to Light (December 16, 2022)

By the time the player arrives at Axius, it's been a long time since they were aboard the Lexington. I can understand from a production perspective there's no real need to make a completely new set just for the separate bases. I suppose before the 'big reveal', it could also be a (very) subtle cue that the black operations is linked to the Confederation. But yes, in hindsight it is rather obvious how they are the same.

I remember it being pretty noticeable even first play through; but also I was used to that kind of thing.
In that era most sci-fi would keep reusing the same corridors.

no additional paint?
Looks like lighting.

I can understand from a production perspective there's no real need to make a completely new set just for the separate bases.
If anything production didn't do that enough ― didn't they build a full-scale shuttle that appears only in one scene?

I remember it being pretty noticeable even first play through; but also I was used to that kind of thing.
In that era most sci-fi would keep reusing the same corridors.
I mean, Axius is a Confed starbase so it makes sense that they would look the same inside.

Here's the thing: confed pre-fabs. Confed recycles designs so why not recycle sets? this makes sense in universe and in the movie.

re: It really looks like there was an additional trim added. Also they have different light sconces. I 100% agree it's the same set, but I think it's dressed slightly differently.

Back