WC4 Remake

I'm curious how you plan to handle missile hardpoints, internal bay, external carriage, or just not show where they come from?

This is excellent. I wonder about the dead pilot in space, next to the destroyed transport however. How did he get there?
seconded, this is tremendous!

I think there were a load of flash burnt skeletons in the original WCIV release floating by the destroyed transport? i am sure they were buzzing off the shields, which added an eerie quality of horror to that mission

I'm curious how you plan to handle missile hardpoints, internal bay, external carriage, or just not show where they come from?
I've been thinking about that. Currently we're just following the game, which is the missiles spawn under the firing ship (Though in the interest of correctness I realigned the firing points to the positions of the internal weapons bays). The FMV does show at least Banshees and Excaliburs carrying their ordnance in internal bays, which would stand to reason for the rest of the fighters as well. (trying to enter an atmosphere with missiles hanging off of your wings seems like a recipie for disaster). Actually ejecting a missile from the bay would be probably more work than we have time for (at least for a v1 release), as it stands adding internal bays would require a rework of all the existing fighters currently in the game (Hellcat, Longbow, Vindicator, Avenger, Arrow, & Banshee) to build the bay and then bake an animation of the bay opening, then spawn the missile in the bay, eject it, and then closing. Unless you're playing in 3rd person you wouldn't notice, and further unless you're tailing or beneath an enemy that fires a missile, you wouldn't see it either.

I unfortunately have to conclude this fits in the "nice to have - future state" category, as we have a ton do on the main game.

This is excellent. I wonder about the dead pilot in space, next to the destroyed transport however. How did he get there?
I actually made 3 different versions of our flash-fried civies. So if you float around the transport you can find a few different corpses in varying states of rapid, unplanned, disassembly.

As for how they got there - I assume they were ejected into space during the flashpaking but didn't have enough velocity to escape the mass of the transport, so they just kind of hung around... At least, that's my head cannon. The shorter answer is that they're there in the original game so we did the same. :P

I actually made 3 different versions of our flash-fried civies. So if you float around the transport you can find a few different corpses in varying states of rapid, unplanned, disassembly.

As for how they got there - I assume they were ejected into space during the flashpaking but didn't have enough velocity to escape the mass of the transport, so they just kind of hung around... At least, that's my head cannon. The shorter answer is that they're there in the original game so we did the same. :p
Yeah, they were in the original game there, but you also get them if you torch ejection pods... but who would do such and awful thing????

Back