WC4 question

McGruff

Banned
I'm playing WC4 for the first time today and I am wondering if it is possible to save the Lexington from Eisen and his BW traitors? It seems that no matter how many fighters I destroy, waves keep on coming and I can't take out the Intrepid first without losing my own carrier in the process. Did they make the mission unbeatable to force you to play as a good guy?

- Also, when did missiles become so dangerous?

psych said:
"Psych...you're an asshole. Not the lovable Maniac kind but the real pretentious, pain-in-everybody's-neck, arrogant kind." - Maj.Striker

You have two chances to defect. You must go with Eisen at some point.

McGruff said:
Did they make the mission unbeatable to force you to play as a good guy?

Yes and no. Yes, you have to defect, but you can turn Blair to the dark side later in the game. Just make good (bad?) decisions.

You cant save the Lexington. There is no alternative way in this battle, you have to join the Borderworlds....or you lose.

(Thats sad, because I loved my Seether-baby, the sexiest man I´ve ever seen in a computergame! :D )

Well, you can *save* the Lexington - leech it instead of torpedoing it. You'll get an alternate cutscene where the Lexington is disabled instead of destroyed!

Too bad you can't cripple it the same way Blair did in the book.

The book "disable with a near miss" option is based on the leech scene in the script. Like a number of people, the novel authors felt the sudden appearance of omnipresent 'Leech' technology was a bit of a cheat.

WCA/Armada/WC3 have "leech missiles" which knock out enemy shields for a few seconds. WC4 suddenly has guns that disable ships automagically (G)

Also, when I bluff my way to Eisen's defecting shuttle and take it out, I get cut off by the "Traitors never win " message. Thats not being a traitor, it's being a loyal Confed officer following orders.

I know where he's coming from - I hate games where an apparently free choice is forced inexplicably and inexorably. Having said that, I second LOAF - this is very, very old news and we're going to have to live with WC4 as is...

But You can still make the Confed side win in the end, if you really want to.

gryphon said:
I know where he's coming from - I hate games where an apparently free choice is forced inexplicably and inexorably.

Sounds a lot like the real world to me.

I agree, all the way back to Descartes. But You gather my point gamewise...

"Please enter one of the three doors. You may only enter door one" ;)

Wasn't it Henry Ford that stated that any color looked good on a car, as long as that color happened to be black?

Back