WC4 Music

Kuppowski

Spaceman
Hi all!

I have another suggestion.. or well.. let´s call it a wish. Ich would like to hear the in-flight music of WC4 because I really liked it. I know it does actually not fit to the Standoff theme due to the fact that Standoff should be WC2 like, playing in the Kilrathi war but, well I just like it, so i´d be glad to hear it in the next Episode, bringing more variety

You won't hear it, exactly for the reason you mentioned - it simply does not fit in.

Adding something that doesn't fit in to Standoff might make the person requesting it happy. It might make a few others happy, too - but it will spoil the game for everybody else.

Though, of course, nothing is better for UE, what with the project being completed for more than five years now :p.

...Wow, five years.

It was never actually started (nor have we ever claimed to have started it :p). As far as its chances of ever getting done go, I would say it's actually a fair bit more probable than hell freezing over, but still sitting somewhere between "it will never happen" and "it will most likely never happen".

(it's not even a matter of whether we choose to do another WC project after Standoff, though that in itself is questionable to say the least. A more important issue is that most of us can think of at least one or two other project ideas we'd rather be working on instead of UE2)

...And those one or two project ideas don't include any plans for Standoff 2 either. :p

You won't hear it, exactly for the reason you mentioned - it simply does not fit in.

Adding something that doesn't fit in to Standoff might make the person requesting it happy. It might make a few others happy, too - but it will spoil the game for everybody else.

Besides, the music from Wing Commander IV is pretty low-fidelity, and it can't really stand up to the quality of the music from Kilrathi Saga or Prophecy

Besides, the music from Wing Commander IV is pretty low-fidelity, and it can't really stand up to the quality of the music from Kilrathi Saga or Prophecy

We're not talking about mastering CDs to go out to audio experts here. The quality of Wing Commander 4's music is perfectly fine for fan projects and mods, just as it was good enough for a megabudget retail game a decade ago.

...And those one or two project ideas don't include any plans for Standoff 2 either. :p
I figure I should clarify this bit, just in case somebody's wondering. What Eder means is not that there's other ideas we'd rather do instead of Standoff 2 - rather, it's that we have no plans for Standoff 2, ever. Standoff is a one-off, and will stay that way - you can hardly have a Battle of Terra 2, after all.

Back