WC4 Mod For Homeworld 2 In The Works (June 5, 2006)

czacen,

Installed the EXE file you gave me - but Im getting a "unable to authenticate original disc within time limit" error.

About 260 DLL errors later, I got my computer to reboot. Needless to say, I dont think that worked :)

My computer isnt connecting to the family WiFi. Checking into the problem.

(Posting this from the HUB)

anyone please feel free to join in the online playtest. just fire up the mod and head into gamespy and we'll see if we can get some wc4 mod fun.

hi ppl. to all wondering whether yesterday was a successful test, i have completely different news to report. not even one game could be started. as a result the test is still underway. im sorry to use the forum as a chat board but its hard to coincide with 3 or 4 different time zones, without some common meeting ground.

Bryn if your online connect to gamespy, i have an idea to get the game going again.

thanks,
aaron

please excuse my absence due to family issues and the lack of internet connection. i can be online again starting tuesday.

back in bussiness

hey dudes!:)

I'll get a new HW2 cd till end of the next week so i'll be aible to join the MP test!:)
Hope to see you guys on the galactic battlefield!^^

by the way...does anybody of you have an idea how to solve the hosting problems(ping=999) in hw2?

damn I'm looking forward to see you guys out there!^^

@Dyret: an AGE is a time which is simply TOO LONG:)

cheers

Hey Aaron, sorry I couldn't check-in yesterday. Did you have any luck starting an MP game? What was your idea to resolve the connection problems? I won't be able to help out tonight, but could probably spare the odd hour or so on certain nights during the week -- let me know if you want to arrange a time.

@LeHah: Can you recall the circumstances of your multiplayer match with Weasel?

1. Did you guys connect via the in-built GameSpy lobby or via the direct IP address menu?

2. Did you have to unblock any hardware/software firewall ports or have any issues with this?

3. Were you using a NOCD patch for HW2 v1.1?

4. Did you have trouble connecting to the match either of you would host in the GameSpy lobby?

5. Anything else you remember?

When Aaron and I tried, we had no luck connecting via the direct IP method. We were able to chat within the GameSpy lobby and both of us could host a game, which would show up in the particular game lobby and be visible to the other, yet neither could join the other's hosted game. We tried connecting to normal HW2 games using the HW2 executable rather than the mod executable but had no luck either, although we realised that it was probably due to us both using the HW2 v1.1 NoCD -- reinstalling HW2 and using the original exe resolved this, but did not allow us to connect when using the mod exe. Both of our pings would show as 999 too, although this could be a more general issue as I recall other HW2 players mentioning it when I was waiting in the lobby a few days ago.

Cheers,

Bryn

1. Did you guys connect via the in-built GameSpy lobby or via the direct IP address menu?

Direct Connect via TCP/IP.

Did you have to unblock any hardware/software firewall ports or have any issues with this?

Not that I remember.

Were you using a NOCD patch for HW2 v1.1?

Yes. Otherwise, HW2 won't run because of the write protection on the disc and the fact that I only have a DVD/R on my PC.

Did you have trouble connecting to the match either of you would host in the GameSpy lobby?

Ive never used Gamespy for HW2.

hey guys,
i'm sorry but what's #Wingnut? I'm maybe to silly to find something in google...is it a chat programm or what?
cheers

hey guys listen im havin a REAL prob gettin the thing to run ive done everything i can think of including the update

so i would like to suggest that the next viarant is put into a .big type file for simplicity oh and dont forget to put an .exe file with it tho

It's where you can find a lot of us just hanging out when not posting on the boards.

Server: irc.wcnews.com
Channel: #wingnut

There is a link at the top of this page and on the CIC front page. The one on this page says IRC it's between scoreboard and new posts. These will take you right there through a javaclient, if you aren't familiar with mIRC one of the other IRC apps.

bad news

hey mates!
well...I'm silly, I wanted to buy a new version of HW2 to join the multiplayer tests...buuuut: I bought the MAC version*grrrrrrrrr* I'll never buy something in the internet :(((

but nevermind...hope to get hw2 from a friend of mine who doesn't play anymore...I'll see...

cheers Keim

........stupid........

Back