WC4 Mod For Homeworld 2 In The Works (June 5, 2006)

Hi everyone
I downloaded the launcher, and when I launch a battle against the CPU, AI does not do anything: it does not produce vessels, is not defended... Moreover, I cannot play the Black Lances Faction, each time the game crash and turns over under Windows.

Could somebody helped me?

PS: I'm French, then I kindly request to you to excuse my possible mistakes.. I'm not very skilled in English :/

As far as I know it's just a preview build. There is no AI yet and you can't play the black lance faction yet either. But You can play multiplayer between confed and the border worlds.

@Maverik : Il n'y a pas encore d'Intelligence Artificielle dans ce mod. Pour le moment, tu peux soit :

->Jouer une escarmouche pour voir les vaisseaux.

->Charger certains jeux de la campagne principale, puis, en recommençant la mission, jouer la campagne avec les unités Confed à la place des Hiigaran (Attention, pour la terminer, tu devras de temps en temps modifier les fichiers "Persist" pour te rajouter des unités Hiigaran spécifiques).

->Essayer de programmer une I.A. pour le mod (c'est ce que je tente, et ce n'est pas facile).

->Jouer en multi sur internet avec d'autres personnes ayant le mod (Je n'y arrive pas, à cause de mon FAI).

Pour ce qui est des Black Lance, ils ne sont pas encore mis dans le mod. Les modèles sont en cours de finition, tels le Vesuvius ou l'Exeter II, et la faction est donc inexistante, à part dans le menu de sélection pour les matchs.

cool .. je suis content de voir qu'il y a des francophones sur ce forum et surtout qu'il y en est qui aime la saga des WingCommander ^^

merci pour vos réponces et oui Luxchamp je ne manquerai pas de t'écrire pour faire une partie ;).

@Maverik and Luxchamp:

Je desire Jouer avec vous! Je ne parle (ecris) pas francais tres bien, mais je desire jouer. Donne-moi un PM si vous desire jouer! Je preferre anglais in case you didn't already notice ;)

Je ne parle pas de francais. (If that's even how you say it! :p )

Pretty close... Drop the "de" and add an "accent circonflex" to the c and you'ld have it. The accent softens the c sound so that it sounds more like an english S, otherwise it sounds like a K.

eh comment? (= errr what?)

you mean like: je ne parle pas le français?

accent circonflexe is ^....which i believe is quite out of place (sry don't wanna be anal about it) ;)

eh comment? (= errr what?)

you mean like: je ne parle pas le français?

accent circonflexe is ^....which i believe is quite out of place (sry don't wanna be anal about it) ;)

Hehe... It's been too long since I actually had to use the terms. I meant un cedille.

Weeeee! The single player with the mod has an I.W.I.N button for it, insane damage on capships, the fighters dominate, its just da best

hi everybody, glad the preview version is keeping fans going for now. ive had a hell of the week, my studio was willing to sanction my Christmas leave only if i worked an finished an insanely large amt of work by this Friday. safe to say most is done but sadly its kept me away from the mod. Lehah i read your PM, i have to say i agree and understand your concern but i have a feeling the actual game play will be less biased towards Black lance, so dont worry. i kind of went overboard quoting that all bl capships will have cloaking where in fact they will have to use jamming transport (which will be the cloak field generator unit) that allows ally ships in range to disappear from enemy radar.

Quick question - don't know if this has been mentioned before. Are you using the actual WC4 in game models and just redoing the textures?

Does anyone have the mod and is on Gamespy? Gamespy is what's added to the Homeworld2 package in the US and it's where you play the multiplayer. I'm assuming the WC4 mod will work on there, so I guess post here if you're on Gamespy (unless it would be better to make a separate thread).

no sylvester all the models in the wc4 mod are new models that have been built by me from scratch. the textures are made from source images from the game but have been extensively worked on for the hw2 engine and so i dont count them as the original game textures either.

This mod won't work with the single player missions. Its simply an Alpha release showing off the Confed and Border Worlds shipsets and allowing multiplayer matches between people on a LAN or over a server. There is no AI support, the BL doesn't work and there are no Single Player missions.

single player

Actually you can play single player with the mod, but issues come up when completing a mission requires a special unit from the original Homeworld 2 unit set. This can be dealt with by fudging the "persist" files that store the composition of your fleet for the start of the next mission. It's kind of a pain, but not that hard. More importantly,though, fighting the single player missions with the WC4 units is a cakewalk. Our bombers light their navy up like the Fourth of July, and our heavy fighters can go toe-to-toe with their corvettes.

however, when you have to board an enemy ship or base (oracle retrieval), the marines insertion pod won't work....

the enemy uses only the original ships as far as the pre-determined quantity for each mission goes, after that, you'll have to expect the border worlds fighters...i hate banshees -> only way to handle em is to send in excaliburs...lots...

Something I've been wanting to ask, are the Kilrathi going to implemented into the game? I really wouldn't like fighting the border worlds (since I'm always Confed) The Kilrathi would give me something to look even more forward to in the full release.

Back