WC4 Joystick detection

J

Jorje

I've searched through the forums, but none of the threads seem to be the same problem as I'm having... I managed to get WC4 for Win95 up and running fine on WinXP. The sound, videos and gameplay all work flawlessly, with one catch: it simply refuses to detect my joystick. I have a Gravis Blackhawk (not digital, as far as I can tell) and Windows plays with it just fine, but WC4 is in its own little world and refuses to recognize that it's there. I have two game ports, one on my motherboard and one on my SBLive (which I know some people have had issues with, but the *sound* works perfectly), both work with Windows, neither seem to work with WC4. Do I maybe need to get DOS drivers loaded for the sound card, even though the sound works fine? Even my cheap-o microsoft USB Game pad works with WC4, and you'd think it'd be more upset at a USB pad than an honest-to-god analog joystick... Any thoughts?

Don't know if you already fixed your prob. If not: Have you switched off one of your soundcards (onboard, e.g.)? - Maybe that helps. Anyway, I've read about probs with Gravis Joysticks being not detected correctly or not at all, but that was with Privateer (via DOSBox or pure DOS).
DOS drivers won't help you, I'd guess, cause you are running it with Windows patch. But you could try different drivers for your soundcard or your Joystick.
Apart from these things, I've got no idea how to help you :( - But keep trying, after some time you maybe get it fixed ;)

Back