WC4 Ending.

Actually, right now we have no Moderators. None have been re-instated yet and they are probibly being reviewed for their actions before they are given back their authority :)

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

TC: Yeah, well do you remember how Knight's troubles started? It certainly wasn't Byydo's fault. Anyway, while Byydo certainly never denied that he was admin, he definitely did not go around yelling "I'm Admin! Agree with me or else!".

Though that's what Frosty seems to do (quite humorously actually :)

Where've you been anyway Quarto, I seem to remember you from before.

TC

------------------

TC: The last half-year or so, I didn't really have much time for the internet... Long story. Mind you, I came to visit every once in a while, but most of the conversations seemed to be filled with junk. <Sigh>. Things just haven't been the same since Byydo's left.
Hopefully, I'll now have more time, but I don't know for sure.

Yeah, I know, Byddo and now HCl gone... Kinda sucks. More people will come back to WC when the next game is annuonced and hopefully we'll get some new people to bring good additions to the WC community.

TC

------------------

I heard at #Wing-Commander that HCl is putting his site back up, but wont be adding anything new.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

[This message has been edited by MadDog243 (edited January 04, 2000).]

(multiple replies here; please bear with me)

Craze sez:
>At least [the UBW] would've gone down fighting unlike some of the Confed. ships did during the Kilrathi war.

Umm, if they didn't 'go down fighting', then what did they do? They surely couldn't just surrender; they'd be dead anyways, by disintegration (see the WC3 intro).

Knight sez:
>Now Craze, that's a good way to get banned, arguing with a powerhungry administrator.
>Trust me. I know from expierence.

Show me where I've demonstrated being a 'powerhungry administrator'. Hell, before this afternoon I wasn't even an admin, 'powerhungry' or otherwise.

Besides, what power? "You can ban people!" Setting aside, for a moment, that I haven't figured that out yet (Gunner's on the firing line), so what? What real harm is done by not being able to post to a CZ talking about a game and the fictional universe it's set in? This is just a posting board, people... it's not a way of life.

I'd really like to see, in any case, where I've said (or even hinted... there's a 'gimme' for you) that anyone who doesn't agree with me will be squashed like a bug.

I don't know about this 'experience' of yours, Knight, and quite frankly I don't give a rat's a**. I judge people on their current actions, for the most part; particularly when I don't know of their past actions.

As long as people don't act like f***heads, I won't treat them like f***heads. It's that simple.

TC sez:
>Though that's what Frosty seems to do [saying 'agree or else!']

I wonder if anyone here who was bitching about Frosty realize how much they were trolled...

MadDog sez:
>HC1

Umm, it's HCl, as in the lowercase "L". You know, Hydrogen Chloride, a.k.a. hydrocloric acid (IIRC)?
smile.gif

------------------
SubCrid Death

LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 04, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just joking about frosty... (hence the little joke...) Jeeze :)

TC

------------------

So guys, the WC4 loosing ending was great, especially the one with the fleet, but I always wondered, how long do you people think that the UBW would survive in the loosing ending, even if blair was still their to fight, and the St. Helens joined them (highly unlikely but what the hell)

Well.. I suppose it'd physically take some time for the fleet to actually hit all of BW space..

Yea but beyond that, look at how many kills the Intrepid got in 2 weeks, most of the times I play it is around 1000 sometimes more, say about 60-75% of those kills were Confed regulars that is still a huge amount giving the BW a fighting chance if all of the BW carriers could pull that off

Perhaps Chris, but hey we never know, and I'm sure the crew of the good old intrepid would have fought the good fight. I mean com'n you have the Invinvible Maniac and the Amazing Panther but don't forget EagleEye Hawk and Catscratch as well. Plus Earthworm Blair

Err, no, you don't have Earthworm Blair. If you're looking at the losing ending, then you've just been executed :).

Once I got a losing ending for WC1... LONG time ago... I think it was that try as they might, the Claw couldn't win, so they jumped back to Sol sector where everything was basically destroyed...

I got the ending because I didn't kill any capships. Didn't think I could. Since then, I've gotten the best ending for the game (I like to think... nuking the Kilrathi starbase, etc.), and everyone's happy.

We're all shiny happy people.

I remember that ending... actually, the first time I played WC1, I nearly lost, but then managed to turn things around just in time to go to Rostov. Ultimately, that's why I love the Scimitar... ;)
But as for the losing ending, I didn't see it that time. Later on, I decided to purposely go through the entire losing path to get to Hell's Kitchen. Boy, it took a lot of work to lose badly enough to get there :).

*L* the Scim still bugs me... but yeah, you get really familiar with it if you're on the losing track.

Incidentally, I've only seen two different endings for WC4, and I don't REMEMBER a change between the Panther or Hawk choices. All I remember is that Blair debates with Tolwyn, Tolwyn gets executed, and Blair is a flight instructor, or you don't take the opportunity, and Blair gets executed.

Is there a way for Catscratch to survive to the end of the game?

If you follow Hawks choices more often, such as destroying ella and not saving the civilians (the planet mission) you get a much darker ending with Blair falling into Tolwyn's footsteps. In other words, you went to the dark side.

Heh, Napoleon, are you another who digs up old threads? Just looking at the beginning, people were jabbering about Byydo and Frosty. And it sounds like you weren't even moderator back then, Q. Say, did Crid take over from Death as Space Marshall?

Yeah, this must be one of the first threads on the new 'Zone (at the start of 2000, the otherwise-harmless Y2K bug screwed up the previous 'Zone). I was actually a moderator back on the old 'Zone, but I was mostly absent for the last half a year of its existence. Anyway, to cut the story short, after I registered at the new zone and asked Admin if I could get my position back, I got it... within a few hours of the posts that you see here, actually. But that's a story for another day...

And no, Chris did not replace Death as Space Marshall. They're both Space Marshalls.

Back