WC4 Ending.

Penguin

Spaceman
On the losing thread of WC4 when Tolwyn orders the attack on the Border Worlds, that final scene is somewhat vague. Was Tolwyn attacking a hidden Border Worlds fleet, bombing military bases or trying to wipe out the Border Worlders in their entirety?

Well, chances are good he was just attacking one of their worlds, if it had anything special there is unknown, and irrelevant really.

------------------
Zohrath.

http://www.starlancer.net - Lancers HQ, the best source for Starlancer and Freelancer news.

you should! they kick ass!

don't let your pride get in the way
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I made the mistake of hitting "Fools rush in" and was taken to that scene. Looked bad as Hell. Glad it didn't happen though.

------------------
No one is watching until you screw up, then all hell will break loose.

When I'm in the cockpit, Knight never falls.

It always seems like the losing scenes are the best.

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

Yeah, I think some of the losing scenes in Wing Commander do look better than the winning ones.

Knight: I did the exact same thing

------------------
Peace cannot be kept by force, it must be achieved through understanding.

to bad WC1 doesn't have a losing end...

------------------
"Just close your eyes and pretend it's Wing Commander"

WC1 has a losing ending and video type thing. Survive the Hell's Kitchen missions to see it.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Well, in the end (though you don't get to see it) the Tigers Claw is destroyed.... so there you go :)

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I'm pretty sure that the Fleet was destroying the Border Worlds system by system.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Or atleast trying...

------------------
I've seen smarter things..

~Gunner~

[This message has been edited by Gunner (edited January 04, 2000).]

The Border Worlds will never surrender.

------------------

Craze sez:
>The Border Worlds will never surrender.

So? An extra day or so for ConFleet to crush the UBW like a cigarette butt.

Much as I'm one of those who root for the underdog, if the vote had been for war, what little fleet the UBW had (more like an overglorified militia, really) would be gone. End of story.

------------------
SubCrid Death

LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 04, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
At least they would've gone down fighting unlike some of the Confed. ships did during the Kilrathi war.

------------------

Now Craze, that's a good way to get banned, arguing with a powerhungry administrator. Trust me. I know from expierence.

------------------
No one is watching until you screw up, then all hell will break loose.

When I'm in the cockpit, Knight never falls.

Even if you COULD pay the price, I'd just rasie it. :)

Knight: I'm fairly sure that administrators do not use the "agree or be banned" argument. Why, back when Byydo was still here, he took part in all sorts of debates and people didn't even realise that he was admin.

Quarto: The only people who wouldn't notice that Byddo was an admin were those who weren't paying attention. (And actually, Knight had problems with him IIRC :)

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Most of the admins and mods here are fair and informative, with the obvious exception of some.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Back