wc4 dvd

You mean besides that the person putting it up for auction has GOT to put down the crack pipe? :p

I'm guessing he means the giant letters on the back sleeve that state quite clearly:

"Not for Resale"

I'm guessing he means the giant letters on the back sleeve that state quite clearly:

"Not for Resale"

Or the "Multiplayer up to 32 players" part...

Actually the not for resale part is because it was supposed to be bundled with a creative brand DVD-rom and dxr mpeg2 decoder card.

His description says it is the double sided version, though not all of them shipped with that nifty looking paper sleeve. The dxr2 package I bought back in the day had the DVD in one of those envelopes with the clear window on one side.

yeah it was the up to 32 players thing that I got me as odd and the fact that he has another auction as well....having to brand new ones.....kind of hard to find right?

Most of the WCIVDVDs on the market today are leftover copies that weren't bundled with anything... surplus buyers purchased big lots of them and then sell them off through various channels online. This guy is probably one of those...

Looks fine so far besides one or two errors in the description (the game being for DOS or having multiplayer). However, did the guy misplace the comma on the price?

WCIV DVDs are getting more and more expensive -- it may well sell for that much.

It's a side effect, I suppose -- thanks to our group, more people know that it exists and more people can run it without a DXR card...

hehe.. I never even noticed the multiplayer part. I stopped looking after 'Not for resale'

"Not for Resale" on software covers the makers of the game more than anything (sellers are not really held to it). It's not for resale because prior to Gulikoza's patch, if you resold it independent of the dxr board, the game wouldn't work. Other software might me marked not to be resold because it's a promotional tie-in meant to be given away free with a reservation or something. Once the reservation period is over, you'll see regular retailers selling all the excess copies as often as just giving them away at that point.

Back