WC4 DVD Weird Mouse Issues

Scrotor

Spaceman
I Have the WC4 dual sided DVD, and it works great in XP (with the DVD patch).

The issue I run in to is early in the game. You have to fly to a planet and take pictures of a complex, no problem. However I am only using a mouse (and keyboard) to play this game, and I have no problems controlling the ship in space, but when I get to the planet my mouse goes dead, and I am forced to use the keyboard to control the ship. Anyone know why the mouse goes dead? (please no 'get a joystick' reply, I have one but no room on my command center console / desk)

Scrotor said:
I Have the WC4 dual sided DVD, and it works great in XP (with the DVD patch).

The issue I run in to is early in the game. You have to fly to a planet and take pictures of a complex, no problem. However I am only using a mouse (and keyboard) to play this game, and I have no problems controlling the ship in space, but when I get to the planet my mouse goes dead, and I am forced to use the keyboard to control the ship. Anyone know why the mouse goes dead? (please no 'get a joystick' reply, I have one but no room on my command center console / desk)

If I'm remembering right, certain settings used to get reset on me too whenever it switched to atmospheric flight. What happens if - as soon as you get to the planet's surface - you hit alt-o and re-choose mouse?

Back