WC4 DVD Problems

WC 4 probs

Gulikoza's patch doesn't like cyberlink stuff much. Have you tried installing the mpeg2dec filter again since you reinstalled?

Also, would you mind specifying what hardware you are running this on?

So, I went through this whole thread again with some more concentartion, and........
PowerDVD is the problem. Just put it of the HD and now I can see the movie and
also play ( just try it 5 minutes, it worked fine ). The only thing left is no tone
during the movies. Somewhere here is said that one have to install AC 3 codec,
do somebody have a link where to get it ?
Thanks for the support and help on my questions.

So, I went through this whole thread again with some more concentartion, and........
PowerDVD is the problem. Just put it of the HD and now I can see the movie and
also play ( just try it 5 minutes, it worked fine ). The only thing left is no tone
during the movies. Somewhere here is said that one have to install AC 3 codec,
do somebody have a link where to get it ?
Thanks for the support and help on my questions.

Try this link: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=66022&package_id=63808

On a related note, For whatever reason, installing (which includes running the program called register) mpeg2dec allowed my WC4 DVD to run just fine with PowerDVD still installed, whereas it was crashing before that. But I guess this doesn't work for everyone.

AD: DirectShow filters are selected based on their merit. Filters with higher merit are tried first. I found a nice little tool that allows you to change the merit :)

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza/bin/rlfm_bin1_4.zip

Now, if you install mpeg2dec and set it a high merit it should always be loaded instead of WinDVD/PowerDVD filters and you can have PowerDVD installed (it will still function, since they load their filter directly, not by merit)

Works fine now

Try this link: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=66022&package_id=63808

On a related note, For whatever reason, installing (which includes running the program called register) mpeg2dec allowed my WC4 DVD to run just fine with PowerDVD still installed, whereas it was crashing before that. But I guess this doesn't work for everyone.

Thank you for the link, just installed the filter and it works fine know.
Again thanks for the help. By the way, something totally different. I remember
that I read somewhere in this forum that several people like to have the
"Prophecy" VOBs with german language. Some time ago I demuxed all the english VOBs for myself and muxed them again using the the extracted wave files from the german version of "Prophecy", think that might be from interrest. Where should I post this ?

Hey lads,

I'm having a bit of difficulty, I installed WC4 DVD edition, then after some issues with the missing .vob file, I installed gulikoza's patch, put on the ACI thingo, put in the mpeg2dec and the movies worked. That is, until it gets to the part where Blair is in the bar, and the 'pilot' asks you for a drink. I'm assuming its supposed to display some options as to dialogue, but they don't come up, it just kind of freezes, and then I have to get out of it since its not doing anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks lads,

Red Coat

My apologies, I meant AC3 in my last post. I'll register so I can edit my posts in future.

Cheers,

Red Coat

Hey lads,

I'm having a bit of difficulty, I installed WC4 DVD edition, then after some issues with the missing .vob file, I installed gulikoza's patch, put on the ACI thingo, put in the mpeg2dec and the movies worked. That is, until it gets to the part where Blair is in the bar, and the 'pilot' asks you for a drink. I'm assuming its supposed to display some options as to dialogue, but they don't come up, it just kind of freezes, and then I have to get out of it since its not doing anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks lads,

Red Coat

That kind of sounds like the PowerDVD conflict we were talking about. You don't happen to have it installed do you?

I do now fortunately, reading back over the thread I decided to install it, and it worked to a point. I'm up to the bit with Catsratch coming on board, I'm assuming there are dialogue options with him when he is going on about how he can learn so much from Blair. But it just freezes at that point.

Cheers,

Red Coat

I think this has been mentioned already...sometimes the dialog options just don't appear, but you can still hear them if you press up or down.
If that doesn't work, pressing ESC should always skip to the end of the clip.

Okay, from what I've discovered, the cutscene would work fine if you had the start menu up and visible until the conversation options. Then you got back into the game and selected the option you wanted.

I know, bit desperate, but it worked so that was good enough for me. The game would simply freeze otherwise.

Cheers,

Red Coat

AD: DirectShow filters are selected based on their merit. Filters with higher merit are tried first. I found a nice little tool that allows you to change the merit :)

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza/bin/rlfm_bin1_4.zip

Now, if you install mpeg2dec and set it a high merit it should always be loaded instead of WinDVD/PowerDVD filters and you can have PowerDVD installed (it will still function, since they load their filter directly, not by merit)

Thank you :) .

But now I get the ModName: clvsd.ax

:confused:

clvsd.ax blow that file away, I was doing extensive wc4 dvd tests on linux, and that file was causing a ton of problems with wine and the movies. The movies work in wine now, there's a few issues but those are dsound, and winehq is working with me to fix them. That codec is a powerdvd one and it causes problems. It's in the K-lite codec pack as well.

Back