WC4 DVD Problems

I tried mpeg2dec, but it still crashed. I tried uninstalling PowerDVD and that fixed it. Thanks!

hi

sigh... where to begin.. as mentioned earlier with the vob and the movies not playing. k i see the fixes and i downloaded them but what do you do with the files? there is no register.bat or anything like that. do you just put them in your directory? i tried the patch nstriker made but that doesnt help. i tried the alternate too but that didnt work.. ive tried different compatibility modes.. im at a loss.. any help would be appreciated

pigsonthewing said:
hi

sigh... where to begin.. as mentioned earlier with the vob and the movies not playing. k i see the fixes and i downloaded them but what do you do with the files? there is no register.bat or anything like that. do you just put them in your directory? i tried the patch nstriker made but that doesnt help. i tried the alternate too but that didnt work.. ive tried different compatibility modes.. im at a loss.. any help would be appreciated

Sigh.. why don't you start by telling us what you're trying to do and what happens when you try to do that? Did you unzip gulikoza's patch to your WC4 DVD directory and run the configuration link? That's where you start. NStriker's patch is for a secondary issue.

ChrisReid said:
Sigh.. why don't you start by telling us what you're trying to do and what happens when you try to do that? Did you unzip gulikoza's patch to your WC4 DVD directory and run the configuration link? That's where you start. NStriker's patch is for a secondary issue.

i did tell you what i was doing. trying to get wc4 to work with these patches.

what configuration link? when i download the 1.3 version all i get is 1 file. and i dont know what to use to open it to configure it. i tried notepad and other text editors.

pigsonthewing said:
i did tell you what i was doing. trying to get wc4 to work with these patches.

Obviously, but since you seemed to have trouble figuring out where to start, you should give more specifics on what exactly you were trying to do and what stopped you. You mentioned several different issues and several different solutions that don't match up.

pigsonthewing said:
what configuration link? when i download the 1.3 version all i get is 1 file. and i dont know what to use to open it to configure it. i tried notepad and other text editors.

Do you mean dxmci13.zip? You need to unzip it. Most multifile packages and uncompressed data is distributed on the internet in the .zip format. You should get a program like Winzip and keep it just as handy as Notepad if you're doing stuff involving online files. There are no text editors involved in this process.

Do you mean dxmci13.zip? You need to unzip it. Most multifile packages and uncompressed data is distributed on the internet in the .zip format. You should get a program like Winzip and keep it just as handy as Notepad if you're doing stuff involving online files. There are no text editors involved in this process.[/QUOTE]

yeah i already unzipped it and it is just the dxmci file.. what i am tryin to figure out is how to configure it.

pigsonthewing said:
yeah i already unzipped it and it is just the dxmci file.. what i am tryin to figure out is how to configure it.

You dont configure it. You just put the DLLs in the wc4 directory IIRC.

There's a small problem with my new webhost. It gzippes the files before sending them and IE does not recognize this. If you get corrupted archive (or just 1 file, there should be 4 in the archive) try renaming the file to .zip.gz and then first ungzip then unzip.

The one that we host locally works fine. There are four files in the archive: a readme, an mpeg dll, a dxmci dll and the configuration link.

ok i used a clean install of WC4, then i used winzip to extract it and got 4 files and ran the configure shortcut. still doesnt work and i get a video playback is not supported error message and then the cannot play 000001.vob.. any suggestions?

ok sorry for my noobness.

i re-read the readme and im going to try to copy the vob files to a vob directory i made in my wc4 folder then use the configurator to point to that directory. hopefully this works

damn no luck.. used mpegdec and ac3filters and got rid of the vob problem. but it still says some streams in this format are unsupported.

Did you have powerdvd installed? Something that program installs breaks the gulikoza patch.

Even with the latest version of gulikoza's patch with the 5 compatibility settings, I couldn't get it to run on this computer without taking out powerdvd.

No, powerdvd filters will still crash...
It might be possible to force other filters if they are present and make it work with powerdvd installed, but it will still use it's filters if there are no others.

@pigsonthewing: it's really a shame to use lower quality video :D. It shouldn't be to hard to set dxmci...

I think PowerDVD is actually kind of a crummy program, and it gets automatically installed with various new hardware, so it's usually not a big deal to remove it. It's something that we sometimes forget to ask people who have problems with the DVD patch, because otherwise the patch is pretty straightforward.

Back