WC4 DVD help :(

Hi. I'm having a problem with the beginning movie section. In the bar when you have 2 choices to proceed(Help him out or straighten him out), I get this error message when I click on either of them:
Missing Movie -- E:\vob\sc_0010b.vob

It doesn't show anything and the only thing to do is ECS out making me miss the rest of that scene.

Any ideas?

Please Thankyou Please

Check and be sure that that file is indeed on the DVD; it should be, but I suppose a scratch in the wrong place might change that. Also, is E: your DVD-ROM drive?

Well, since it's very unlikelly that anyone will be able to get WC4 DVD running without absolutelly any problems on a non-Creative Labs DVD drive, I suppose this could be one of the many problems someone could encounter.

In fact I do recall someone saying that the reason why the game can't find some of the movie files is because they're using some other drives. I can't remember how you can fix that though.

grrr

Thanks for the replys.

Saturnyne- Yes. No matter what option I choose it gives me the same error message.

Stinger- E: is my DVD drive and I see no scratches

Earthworm- My DVD is a Toshiba SD-1212 8X DVD / 48X CD-Rom w/2048k Internal Cache & DVD DSP. Is their another driver I could try that might help?

I think that you'd have to change some files on your comp so that the game could find the movie files... I don't know how though.

You should ask for help in agwc, many people ask for help with various WC4 DVD problems over there, so someone should be able to help you.

update

Well..I got a Creative Labs 12X DVD kit with a DXr3 card. I also installed a Radeon DDR Viedo card. When I start the game the screen turns pink, but I can hear the game progressing. Any ideas to get ride of the pink screen?

Thanks

Wow, long time no see Leeb. You should contact Hades about this. He's one of the more knowledgeable people I know when it comes to the WC4 DVD. Even the dxr3 has some issues. The game was really designed for the dxr2. There may be some ways to get it going though. Also, there was talk of one software program being compatible. Not sure on that though.

Yeah, we talked about the software program awhile ago. It was one of the really old ones. You could probably search Deja for it.

TC

Back