WC4 cloak

Concordia_FP

Spaceman
I don't have the PC version of Wing Commander 4, but in the Playstation version whenever someone cloaks, you can still see their fighter and shoot them down. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a cloaking device. Is this the same problem on the PC version too?

you can see cloaked fighters after you acquire the Lance fighter as it has a special hud that highlights cloaked ships,
Pliers cloaking device isn't perfect and can't do a full visual cloak cos he knocked it up in his leisure time out of spare parts

In Starlancer, Cloaked ships have a blueish outline and can be seen (by me anyway). I've destroyed many a Cloaked Fighter and Bomber :D

I like Mike Horrigon's little comments when you make a kill
"All the man, all the way!"
or
"That one had a full load"

In WC, you can track cloaked fighters if they are damaged and are spewing particles from the engines as you can see the particle trail :D , anyone else noticed that

course I noticed that. How do you think i score most of my kills against cloak capiable ships?

in starlancer cloaked ships are meant to turn invisible, at least they did in windows 98, in xp they turn blue and are REALLY easy to blow away.

Originally posted by Aries
course I noticed that. How do you think i score most of my kills against cloak capiable ships?

I found that out on acedent once, Fired a DF missle right into the engines of a fighter just before it cloaked.

Oh yeah a rank -Does the happy dance- :)

i just learn the AI and know where the fighters are when cloaked by where i last saw them and what they were doing. its a blast to take a guess and let off a burst, and score a beautiful direct hit. more fun than actually seeing them.

-scheherazade

Originally posted by Darkmage
in starlancer cloaked ships are meant to turn invisible, at least they did in windows 98, in xp they turn blue and are REALLY easy to blow away.

I've got Windows 98 and Cloaked ships turn blue

Starlancer`s Cloaked ships are a pain in the ass..You cant see them (normally).
Maybe your Graphic card or your resolution, I dont know.

You shouldnt see them at all.

I remember that I made a weird compination once in AVP1 so I could see Predators even cloaked...

Back