WC3KS video crash with DDHACK

GodZirra

Spaceman
Ok so I'm currently using Vista 64. The Ddraw.dll (ddhack10) fix is what I prefer to use visually speaking, however my WC3 constantly crashes during video clips whenever I use it.

I have tried all compatibility option variations with no success.

Therefore, the only way WC3KS is playable for me right now is by using the other ddraw.dll fix for KS I found here: http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=24587 While this fix works perfectly, it cancels out the other ddraw.dll and ddhack.cfg files I want to use simply for the "bilinear" and "wc3blurvideo" options.

The problem is, both fixes use a different ddraw.dll file. I wish I could find a way to merge the ddraw.dll files together, or use only the ddhack option without crashing.

Can anyone help with this or offer advice? I have tried merging them with various software such as Illink, ILMerge, Alloy, PE Explorer, etc, but still no luck :(

Solutions I have tried that have not worked:

• All compatibility options including win95, 98, etc
  • Running the game in Virtual OS using VmWare, tried Win 98, XP, Win 7
  • Mincemeat's superpatch
  • Merging both ddraw.dll into single dll file (couldn't make it work as I don't have much experience with this)
  • Merging either dll file with the WC3W.exe
  • Ripping Kilrathi Saga CD's to ISO format and mounting virtually
  • Burning CD's to new disks

Maybe I'm confusing the two terms but IIRC the "bilinear" is part of what crashes ddhack. Whichever is the one in the newer version would be the one I would use. If your main concern is the interlacing then you should use the " -no_interlace" switch on your shortcut instead since the the maker of the DDhack hadn't realized that his first attempt was redundant anyway since the game had the option built in.

The game crashes with or without DDhack. The only way I can play it so it does not crash is by using the other ddraw.dll fix as mentioned above.

I have tried playing the game on a clean install under all compatibility modes without the ddhack, and it still crashes. My goal is find some way to use the ddhack (so i can use the bilinear and wc3blurvideo options) AND the other ddraw.dll fix which will prevent it from crashing.

Was hoping maybe someone on the forum is decent with coding and would be willing to attempt to merge the two dll files into one and still retain both of their functionality. The author of ddhack was kind enough to post the source files, and the author of the other put detailed notes of what he did in his fix in the read me file that comes with it.

Awesome thank you Mash! Working perfectly now with both the ddhack and your dsound fix. Thank you so much!

Back