Wc3/Wc4 problems. Please help.

redwarf_64

Spaceman
I will start with Wc3.

I dont know why but when i reinstaled yestrerday and played ANY mission it starts firing my missiles when ever they lock on. I know i am not holding down the enter key. It did this before when i had Win98 on my old computer(now i have win95)but i presumed that was becuase Win98 dosen't like DOS. It has never done it on this computer and i have already uninstalled twice and the reinstalled it.

Wc4:
This is a totaly new propblem becuase i cant even finsih install. When you first put in the directory(i keep default) and it goes to the menu where you click on the 'test speed button' my mouse wont respond to the click. It has never done this before on any computer.

Any help will be greatly apperciated.

Redwarf

Try installing in pure DOS.

Could it be your joystick is jamming? Mouse/joystick driver problems? Perhaps your I/O ports are messed up?

I remember first trying to install WC3, and it kept coming up with the joystick calibration screen, even though I don't have a joystick. When I fiddled with the I/O settings in Win95, it installed fine.

I dont use a joy-stick. I thought that the cable was out of place so i tried messing around with that and it didn't work. I'll try installing Win95 again. Thanks alot for your help. By the way, what do you mean by pure DOS?

Originally posted by Wedge009
Try installing in pure DOS.

Could it be your joystick is jamming? Mouse/joystick driver problems? Perhaps your I/O ports are messed up?

I remember first trying to install WC3, and it kept coming up with the joystick calibration screen, even though I don't have a joystick. When I fiddled with the I/O settings in Win95, it installed fine.

Originally posted by redwarf_64
What do you mean by pure DOS?
Press F8 when it says on the screen "Starting Windows 95..." and you'll get a startup menu. Selecting the option to go to the command prompt will get you to pure DOS - no windows drivers are loaded, it's not the same as a DOS window.

Back