WC3 renew with prophecy-engine?

PANI

Spaceman
HI

Sorry for my bad englisch....

Is there a mod, or has anyone the same idea, for a TC of prophecy to wc3? With all ships names moviesequences and simply erverything from wc3? Is that possible to do?

The story of wc3 is the best, and the kilrathi are looking soo "beautifull"....

I think the kilrathi are better enemys than these aliens....

So, is there anything in progress or not....???

PANI

PS: Anyone know where i can get WC1 and WC2? My copy of these games are damaged....

It'd be cool, but combat with capships would be very different, because in WCP you have to destroy the engine and bridge subcomponents of a capships in order to kill it, whereas in WC3 you can also kill capships with guns only and without focussing on specific areas of the ships. Because of this ship, capship duels would be too very hard, since their AI is too stupid to shoot on specific areas of enemy capships, so it would have to be heavily scripted, too.

Actually, the only problem I can see would be the cloaking. All capship issues can be worked around very easily.

But in "Unknown Enemy" the carrier has also turrents and a engine.... I think everything dont need to be convert, because a destroyer only needs a bridge and an engine.... maybe carrier with a flydeck.... and so on....

cloaking - u mean that u can fire missles to the engine.... maybe anyone know, how this was done in the original game.... (Prophecy)

is it difficult to get the movies in the mod? u need the original wc3 perhaps to see it ;)

Capships would be easy to do. You could, for example, make capships with just one component, and none of the non-component hull sections that WCP capships have. It's also easy to patch weapons to damage capship components. Of course, WCP AI cannot take advantage of this, but the stupidity of the WCP AI would actually work for us in this case, because the way things are right now, WCP capship AI is too stupid to realise that it's firing at another capship that it cannot kill.

The various media files (movies and speech) would be a big issue. HCl does have a movie player which works with WC3, so I suppose it's probably possible to create a patch that would allow the game to play WC3 movies straight off the CD, but the speech files and in-flight comm videos at least, you'd have to convert and distribute with the mod, which would make for a pretty large file.

In the end, I guess it would come down to what you can do about cloaking, as it always does. Player-cloaking could perhaps be faked by making the AI ignore the player's presence, but enemy cloaking is a different story. You'd probably have to cut the Strakha out of the game entirely.

Add new variables.

obj.iscloaked()

and when you are trying to target something, if iscloaked() returns TRUE, it skips over it.

Also, an ON ACTION for obj.cloaking() would either make the ship invisible or visible.

It's not anywhere near that simple. We can create as many new variables as we like, but we cannot create new functions or change the way the game works. Of course HCl has implemented various changes to the game, and he probably could implement some kind of rudimentary cloaking if he had the time for it, but he doesn't, so it's a moot point.

You'd also have to deal with the cloaking FX, not just the matter of the ship being cloaked.

Yep, that's another important issue. With the proper commands to tell the AI to cloak we could trigger a mat animation, but that would only look as good as 1992. A "real" set of cloaking visual effects would require more recoding of the engine than HCl has time to make.

Sounds like we need to pool our resources as a community and hire a couple of programers to do our bidding.

I'd love to see who'd put up their money to hire programmers to reconfigure a seven-year old engine for a bunch of fans. Also, love to see how much money they're willing to put up.

Yeah, if you're going to put up money for programmers you might as well ask them to make you a new engine instead.

ChanceKell said:
I'd love to see who'd put up their money to hire programmers to reconfigure a seven-year old engine for a bunch of fans. Also, love to see how much money they're willing to put up.

As I am tired of playing the half-dozen existing versions of Wing Commander III, I will pay a team of developers $6 to make a new one that's as exactly the same as all the others as humanly possible.

I wasn't being serious, anyway. Kinda like my idea that we should all pool our resources to buy that aircraft carrier.

A thread this stupid is usually found on TheForce.net.

*starts digging through the couch, looking for change*

LOAF, I'll see your six bucks, and raise you exactly 18 cents, and an old Cheeto.

Back