WC3 Problem in Xp with Video

U

Unregistered

Another WC3 in XP problem but this time, the screen seems like it's shifted down. The very bottom portion of the screen is on the top with a small black bar seperating the top from the bottom. This is a minor issue, but it covers up the bottom of the cockpit with the HUD during midflight and it makes for a confusing mouse trek when trying to navigate the game. This happens when I run the game with or without VDMSound or without sound completely so it's not a sound problem.

Also, sometimes in cutscenes, the screen will go black and flicker and will lock up. The only way to countinue is to ALT-TAB and go back into the game. Kind of annoying, but not the biggest problem. Once again, I still get the problem when running without sound.

Windows XP pro SP1a
Celeron 1.33
384mb RAM
24xCD
Integrated laptop audio with SB16 emulation.

Also

Also, when I change to VGA mode, the problem disappears. I still have the flickering lockup problem though.

That reminds me a similar problem, a few years ago (but never did I encounter any lock up) : half of the screen was black during the missions, and between missions it looked like it was extended to cover the whole screen.

Since that was some time ago, I'm not so sure now, but I believe it had to do with the video card settings (3D acceleration, refresh rate, things like that). Everything ran fine when the "correct" settings were selected (maybe reduce the 3D acceleration).

Be careful though when you try changing anything.

Unregistered said:
Also, when I change to VGA mode, the problem disappears. I still have the flickering lockup problem though.

I didn't notice this. :rolleyes:
That would confirm that your problem has something to do with the video settings. By the way, if removing the 3D abilities doesn't help (by the control panel, of course), did you also try to update your video drivers ?

I tried disabling any acceleration and I do have the latest drivers (I have an integrated video solution using the Sis 630 Chipset for the laptop with shared memory)but it didn't help.

Well, then I'm afraid I at least am not good enough to help you. However, if it's not an acceleration problem, maybe it could be a resolution problem. Apart from what I already proposed, I don't see any other option.

Someone else maybe ?

Back