WC3 novel...

Originally posted by gryphon
Considering Adam (his real name?)'s success with Vakka and the Baron, I think the rather weak Kilrathi psychology over eons would have caved in to our beliefes, rather like Rome which crucified Christ and 500 years later worshipped him...

Weak Kilrathi psychology? They always appeared very strong-willed to me, to the point of stubborness even.

The Kilrathi seem to be highly suggestible -- and very predictable... that's what's so weak about them, psychologically.

THeir social structure is very well organized and does not leave much room for individual thought or philosophy. They seem to work along sets of predetermined and unquestionable maxims, set down by some priest or ruling class system akin to that of early human civilization... All in all, they do not have the sort of open, free-minded system modern humanity does, and so if the seeds can be sown in the right place, change will most certainly be unchallengedm since there are no free minds to challenge it...

I think as a general rule, submission of free will and relinquishing control of one's life to others bears witness to a very weak intellect...

Read: Sun Tzu :)

But yes.. And the whole Sivar thing... It is the same as if people in todays human society took everything the Bible or Quran say absolutely literally and without question... This is why the Mantu were demonized and so on... I think the Cats have a different social sense from us, they simply live in more "anthill"-like structures, ruthlessly efficient but terribly dumb...

Agreed, completely... they're not the heartless, soulless creatures someone indicated earlier -- but their group psychology is such that they are extremely easy to manipulate.

Calling Kilrathi heartless killers is just like calling Sharks hertless killers, it is completely beside the point... And just testifies to how good a job Origin did to make us hate them...

Looky there... I'm 1LT now! *does leprechaun dance*

I'm being promoted faster than Blair... oh God, what lack of a life... :)

Speaking of lack of life... ;)

I'm pretty convinced Shadow was my best friend ever... when she bought the farm I was really sad... Strange. Just a bunch of pixels on a screen.

Hey, gimme a break, I was a fat nerd with glasses... Back in 92, my best friend was a lovely raven-haired angel... and I loved her so *sob*

Ten years on, well the resolution has gotten better...

I'm just curious: are Shadow and Spirit the same person? I keep hearing her referred to on this forum as Shadow, yet in all the games I've played, she's Spirit... Odd...

No, no Shadow is the chick You fly with in InSystem Security, out of Caernarvon Station, she's Your wingman for maybe six missions and then gets iced in a nice little animated sequence...

Spirit has been around since WC1, and You meet her again once You get on the Concordia, and are permanently stationed there after Shadow's death... You then continue to fly missions with her off and on until she gets iced in a nice little animation sequence...

So, yeah, two different people but honestly I used to mix them up as well ;)

They are two different characters. Spirit was in WC1 and 2, while Shadow was just in the beginnign in WC2. She was with Blair on Caernaven station.

Spirit is the Japanese woman from Wing Commander 1 and 2. Shadow is the American woman with the southern drawl who is your friend at the beginning and dies defending Concordia...

Back