Wc3 Install problems

old84gt

Spaceman
I have 2 copies of Wc3, and every time i try to install one, I get an error advising that there is a bad CD read- is this a common and correctable glitch?
I'm still using Win98, and a new 48x Cd drive. I had the same problem with my old 24x drive.

Can't even get that far. I get the joystick calibration screen, then I get the system test. That is where it fails.

I've tried both my old CD and the brand new one I just purchased. Both are clean. Neither will load, and I've tried them in both my CD-RW drive and my regular CD drive.

I have a similar problem. I'd been trying for months to get WC3 to run on XP, and finally found a patch on www.topnalias.com that I could run the game with. But at random times the game would just freeze. Never in flight, or on the videos, just when walking around on the Victory. I never even actually installed the game because I would get the CD read error. The CD's clean and I've tried going through DOS. Can anyone help me figure out how to install this thing or how to fix the freezes when I run it with the patch?

Back