WC3 Help

U

Unregistered

Recently I decided to load Wing Commander 3 back onto my PC, only to find a host of problems with it. The first problem was that the movies started freezing up after only a few seconds of play time. Rebooting the computer didn't fix the problem. I tinkered around a bit and found that if I re-installed every time that I wanted to open the program that it would work, at least for a few missions.
I slogged all the way through Disc 1 this way, but now that I've gotten to Disc 2 the problems have gotton even worse. More freeze-ups more often. Now when I re-install the text in the installer's menus has turned into complete gibberish(by now I've memorized the positions of my sound card settings). And just for fun, every once in a while I'll try and open the program and I'll get the error message "WC3.exe is not a compatible program with win32" or something to that effect. Anybody got any ideas about what the problem is?

System Specs

I forgot to put my system specs in the initial post. I'm running

Windows 98
1.1 ghz AMD processor
256 mb of ram
NVIDIA Geforce 2 GTS Video card
Creative SB Live! Sound Card
20 gig hard drive partitioned into two separate drives (one for the OS, one for everything else)
Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick

Just for the record, I had absolutely no problems running WCIV.

Originally posted by Unregistered
I tinkered around a bit and found that if I re-installed every time that I wanted to open the program that it would work, at least for a few missions.

From that description I'd either guess for a faulty HD (use scandisk to check) or you got a virus.

Back